VW TDI forum, Audi, Porsche, and Chevy Cruze Diesel forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Premium Member
64 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well, I just bought a TV but I think there's a problem. When I turn on the TV, one side of the TV is brighter than the other side. After a while, it goes away. Is this something I should be worried about? Any TV experts out there?

·
Premium Member
371 Posts
Definitely no, my LCD tv looks even. Return it because if it's doing it now, it'll probably get worse and worse. What model?

·
Premium Member
33 Posts
I'm kind of into AV, the TV is probably two panels side by side. They should be identical but for whatever reason, one is not synced. Return it.

IMO, OLED> Tube TV> DLP> Plasma >LCD.

Of course, the only OLED TV out now is $11,000 and is 11"...tube tvs are still pretty good but they are really heavy. DLP is a rear projection, they often give a better picture than flat screens but everyone wants a flat screen. Plasma and LCD are about equal but right not, high end plasmas are giving better pictures than comparable LCDs. IMO, flat screens are kind of a waste when you have to mount it on a wide cabinet and then have cords running on the wall. OLED is only 3mm thick and is bright and with a very good picture and once the technology matures, it'll blow LCD and plasma away. It's only sold in a very small expensive screen now, mabe 5 years from now it'll start to trickle into mainstream TVs.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts