VW TDI forum, Audi, Porsche, and Chevy Cruze Diesel forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Has anybody tried "FUZZYLUKE" or "Innovate Motorsports" products? They are just coming out with these "iphone apps." that promise to do some cool things along w/ a wifi interface tool that hooks up w/ the vehicle's OBD thinghy...

Anybody?:D

·
Registered
104 Posts
Try Ross Tech's VCDS software. It plugs into a laptop. I've never heard of a wifi obd2 scan tool but I guess it would work.

·
Registered
69 Posts
I think you will find that it is Bluetooth, not WiFi and it should work about the same as a hardwire cable. Some new Garmion GPS units use a BT dongle on the OBD port to display various data.

-dan

·
Registered
181 Posts
I recently purchased the REV from DEVTOASTER for the iphone, they call it Kiwi WiFi.
Does work but not all metrics are supported such as fuel level, mpg's are out to lunch says I only get 22mpg at 65 m/hr?
You can graph and log WHP,TRQ,FuelComsuption,MAF,MAP,IM, BOOST and several other features.
I was dissapointed for the price and having to buy the app form itunes.
If I had my time back, I would have gotten a ScangaugeII, but the WiFi is up there on the pretty cool scale, and you can move it from car to car.

http://www.devtoaster.com/products/rev/

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Gentleman, thank you all for the replies! (I was "away" studying for my periodic eval...) well, since the "wifi/BT" it's kinda new concept I will wait a little longer. :)

·
Registered
181 Posts
I have sent several emails to support @ DevToaster, and they are trying to work with apple to get an update for the kiwi, but he aso said this product more suits newer gasoline cars.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts