VW TDI forum, Audi, Porsche, and Chevy Cruze Diesel forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm PJ Plas and I own a 2000 VW Passat, love the car, hate the problem I'm having.
My daughter lost the only remote key fob I had for the car (moshing in a dance pit no less)
and I'm waiting for my replacement keys from Germany while my car is sitting in a not-so-great
neighborhood. Hoping that the new valet key will at least open the driver's door so I can check
for my SKC tag in the glovebox. Praying the new valet key will allow me to drive the car to the
dealer to get the keys programmed. Wish me luck!!!

·
Premium Member
5,942 Posts
Moshing, what's with that? We never called it moshing when I was younger, it was just getting sloshed and jumping about lol, good luck though with the car and the daughter:D

welcometomyturbodies

·
Super Moderator
23,902 Posts
Why do you need keys from Germany if you're in OH? See the mk4 KEY FAQ for some info on replacement keys. If you have the SKC number I think the 2000 Passat should have the emergency bypass function which will let you input the SKC without having a correct key. Otherwise the key won't let you drive. It'll open the door though.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Great news! The valet key worked not only on the driver side door, but also started engine! Drove car home.
Realized my 2000 Passat has no immobilizer - so even the remote fob key works, just can't open doors/trunk via remote.
Can live with that until I take it to dealer for programming.

Also purchased a second smart key for my 2007 Passat, that will have to go to dealer as well, unless there is another way.....

1 - 4 of 4 Posts