VW TDI forum, Audi, Porsche, and Chevy Cruze Diesel forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi, I currently own 2 Passat wagons. One is 1 2002 with the 1.8T engine, and was my first VW auto. I wanted the TDI but the 1.8T came along as a good deal, so I bought it. The 1.8T taught me a lot about VW cars, like the oil sludge problem I was unaware of. The lady I bought the car from changed the oil as required but thought dino oil was ok. It wasn't, but VW put a new short block in at 70K for her, and she had enough of VW cars. So began my education with VW products. Earlier this year, a 2004 Passat wagon with the BHW turbo diesel appeared, and I bought this one also. This car will need the balance shaft module replaced in the foreseeable future, and there is some reasonable hope that I may be able to do this myself.

I am a technical person by inclination as well as experience. My current work is in Nuclear power plant Instrumentation. I have always maintained and repaired the vehicles I have owned over more years that I care to count. When I started to work on cars, the only electronics in them was a radio, and even it had tubes and a vibrator as well as a 6 volt battery. I am definitely a DIY person. In addition, I drove over the road for a major truck line for several years, so I understand and like diesel engines.

I guess I better quit. I like to help and be helped, and my interest is in the care and feeding of my TDI. I will be glad to share whatever I can with others, and I am pleased to be a member of this site. I love my TDI. The best driving auto I have ever owned.

·
Premium Member
23,902 Posts
I'm sure you've heard this before.....do you know Homer Simpson? He works at the Springfield plant ;)

Welcome! Any writeup contributions are always appreciated if you're in a sharing mood!
welcometomyturbodies

1 - 2 of 2 Posts