VW TDI forum, Audi, Porsche, and Chevy Cruze Diesel forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Greetings all. First post for me. I bought a 2011 Jetta TDI W/nav. Toffee Brown in Color with Cornsilk Beige interior. As of today it has about 700 miles on it.

In the past I owned a 2004 Jetta gasser with Turbo and a 2004 New Beetle diesel. The 2011 Jetta TDI is a fun car to drive. I like everything about it and find no real shortcomings in fit, finish and performance so far.

This is a great forum for TDI owners and it is both informative and entertaining to read.

·
Premium Member
23,902 Posts
Welcome! You didn't learn your lesson after the last few VWs and decided to come back for more punishment :D

I like brown but a lot of people don't. It's definitely a trendy color now.

welcometomyturbodies

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Well I liked both cars and did not have any problems with them. The Jetta had bad turbo lag and really did not get great mileage around town. It got 33mpg on the highway. The diesel beetle was my favorite. I used to drive from St. Louis to Kansas city everyweek. I really enjoyed cruising the highway at night bathed in the soft glow of the blue and red instrument lighting while the diesel just purred like a happy cat, in the backround Pink Floyd was playing Dark side of the moon. On a whim I traded it for a Ford f-150 4 wheel drive pickup. I enjoyed the truck but gas was getting too expensive. I still miss the truck but it is like going from a Clydesdale to a racehorse.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts