VW TDI forum, Audi, Porsche, and Chevy Cruze Diesel forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Howdy, I'm new to this forum & am trying to introduce myself. As a retired truck driver I'm not new to Turbo Diesels & swore I would never own a diesel anything. (I tow a 5th wheel w/ a gas powered truck) but, look at me I just picked up a 2011 Golf tdi tiptronic & so far I'm lovin it. Part of the reason I changed my mind about diesels was when I went to look at the Golf it was parked indoors. Imagine my surprise when upon start up there was no smoke or smell. SOLD! Looking foward into learning about these marvelous little engines.
Thanks for being there, Motorscooter

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hi everyone,

by instance I have found this forum and have instantly registered. I have found one post showing how the timing belt is being changed at the TDI - and this is exactly what I needed.

If anyone is familiar with changing the timing belt on a VW T5 Transporter please contact me.

Kind regards
Testdriver

·
Premium Member
23,902 Posts
If you find out the differences on the T5 transporter, please let us know too!

motorscooter, you'll be really surprised after a few years and the tailpipe doesn't have a film of soot on it! I am serious, the DPF does an awesome job of scrubbing emissions, even vs. a gas car.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts