VW TDI forum, Audi, Porsche, and Chevy Cruze Diesel forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi All,
Wayne here, I'm the proud new owner of a wrecked 2006 VW Jetta that I purchased off of Copart. After a 9 hour round trip drive to Savannah and back, the car is now in my shop and I'm preparing to tear into it.
I'm looking forward to learning and also sharing what I 've learned in the past, which isn't too much. I previously had a 2002 VW beetle with the ALH TDI. My plan is to swap the PD from the 06' into my 2002 Jeep Wrangler using the Coty Built system. I hope to document the details from that swap in a few write ups. Many questions to come as I know that at the very least I'll need to swap the cam on the PD, it has the signature thump when it's running. Speaking of why not get right into it, does anyone have any camshaft recommendations for this motor? I'm leaning towards the Colt cam after watching the YouTube video of a member here.
Thanks,
Wayne🖖

·
Premium Member
9,674 Posts
Welcome to the forum.

Its nice to see you made an intro on your own. ;)

You made another intro in the wrong section I've deleted that one.

This is a new forum layout which is owned by a company last year that doesn't give a dam with loads of bugs which have been reported in the new thread. There is no TDI Wiki at the moment or original similes which they refuse to install. It doesn't show the car spec/location.

Add your car specs to your signature that will show on every post you make.

Car spec now shows not for all members.

Myturbodiesel moving on

Release Notes

We Are Live - Community Feedback

This has been talked about many times.

I've made a poll which no one has posted in, there are a few votes and comments.

Do you like the new forum features?

Wiki pages have been restored as of 7th December, I asked where is the link it should be on top of the main forum.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts