VW TDI forum, Audi, Porsche, and Chevy Cruze Diesel forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi,

My name is Ben and I am from Portland, Oregon. My wife and I both have Volkswagen TDIs. Mine is a 2005 4-door Golf with 72,000 miles. My wife's is a 2005 Passat wagon with 93,000 miles. We have had the Passat for a little over a year now and the Golf for about 3 months. Both of these vehicles have proven to be very reliable and enjoyable to drive. Prior to owning the Golf, we had a 1998 Jetta TDI with 237,000 miles along with various other VWs.

The Passat recently did start taking on water inside the cabin. That required lifting up the carpet, vacuuming out the water, and then using fans to dry everything out. The sunroof drains turned out to be clean. The water was making its way into the interior due to a bad seal around the cabin filter holder. I sealed the cabin filter holder using the new seal that VW used for the P9 Service Action. The car has been nice and dry for several months now.

The Passat is now desperately due for the timing belt service. It is also sounds as if the oil pump chain guide is worn and the chain is starting to make noise. So along with the timing belt service, the oil pump will be upgraded to the new gear drive style. I am ordering parts for this work now. I am just trying to decide if I want to do this job myself or have it performed by a shop.

Thanks! :)

·
Premium Member
23,902 Posts
Welcome! Yes, at least VW replaced your cabin filter holder. For some reason, my car wasn't included in the recall even though they're all the same.

welcometomyturbodies

1 - 2 of 2 Posts