VW TDI forum, Audi, Porsche, and Chevy Cruze Diesel forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi I’m Robert, located in Sydney Australia.
Lots of experience with Mk 4 and Mk 5 Golfs (and their Audi counterparts), but have only just purchased my first TDI

It’s a 2006 Audi A3 2.0 TDI with BKD prefix and DSG transmission

hopefully I’ll be an asset to the forum as my confidence with the TDI setup develops.

·
Premium Member
9,720 Posts
Sorry it isn't my job to welcome new members anymore as I've always done that should be done by the only new mod for this forum has bjr72 if he does his job correctly as he is never here.

Old habits die hard now.

After your first post in your other thread.

After being prompted. ;)

This is a new forum layout which is owned by a company last year that doesn't give a dam with loads of bugs which have been reported in the new thread. There is no TDI Wiki at the moment or original similes which they refuse to install. It doesn't show the car spec/location.

Add your car specs to your signature that will show on every post you make.

Car spec now shows not for all members.

Myturbodiesel moving on

Release Notes

We Are Live - Community Feedback

This has been talked about many times.

I've made a poll which no one has posted in, there are a few votes and comments.

Do you like the new forum features?

Wiki pages have been restored as of 7th December, I asked where is the link it should be on top of the main forum.

·
Super Moderator
VW Jetta TDI Mk5 2005.5 BRM
114 Posts
Hey Robert, welcome, glad to have you! Congrats on your first TDI! Would love to hear about your experience w/ the Audi version, I have the VW Mk6 TDI. Do you have paddle shifters? Would loooove a pair of paddle shifters... also always wished I had steering wheel controls, but seems like a looootta work to switch out wheels.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Gday Jonathan thanks for that welcome. Yes it does have paddle shifters. I’ve yet to drive this one, as I had to have it towed to my driveway so work could commence. Looking forward to getting it going once I sort out the no start issue. Did own a paddle shift 2012 A3 1.8 TFSI until recently but to be honest I never used them, I just put it in drive and let the DSG do the thinking.....must be getting old.

·
Super Moderator
VW Jetta TDI Mk5 2005.5 BRM
114 Posts
Haha I hear ya, before this car I drove a Mk4 TDI stick shift and the clutch was murder on my knee when it came to 2hr+ drives... loved driving stick shift, but I had to switch because of that. DSG is pretty fun because I can pretend to shift when I feel like a speed racer, but keep my knees ;)

·
Premium Member
2006 Jetta TDI BRM, 2001 New Beetle TDI ALH, 1982 TOYOTA L'Cruiser+92 6BT
34 Posts
Haha I hear ya, before this car I drove a Mk4 TDI stick shift and the clutch was murder on my knee when it came to 2hr+ drives... loved driving stick shift, but I had to switch because of that. DSG is pretty fun because I can pretend to shift when I feel like a speed racer, but keep my knees ;)
....so what you're saying is that my DSG to 6-speed manual means wonky knees in my future.....
very nice

·
Registered
4 Posts
Welcome Robert!
I'm a relatively new Mk4 TDI guy. Ventectomy, EGR delete, Blend door fix, R front wheel bearing, the usual beginner stuff. I'm certain your Mk4 expertise will be appreciated.

Regards,

Cosmo

·
Premium Member
9,720 Posts
Manufacturer: Audi, Date(s) Used: 06/2007-06/2008, Model: Audi A3/S3/Sportback/Limousine/Quattro, Engine Code: BKD, 103Kw, 140PS, 2.0 Ltr, 4 Cyls, Remarks: Turbocharged Direct Injection Pumpe Düse (TDI-PD), 16v Timing belt

1 - 8 of 8 Posts