VW TDI forum, Audi, Porsche, and Chevy Cruze Diesel forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello, I'm from Seattle WA and about to change the timing belt on my 05 BEW wagon. The car has been trouble free so far with the exception of a couple of drivers door lock modules, one on VW's nickel. This looks like a great site, thanks for this resource.

·
Premium Member
5,942 Posts
Not now kato lol, Pink panther with Peter Sellers? Anyway I take it you found the info ok but I'll post the link just incase, it'd be a good idea to inspect the camshaft for wear while you're in there as you'd have to do the timing all over again if it needs replacing down the road.:)

http://www.myturbodiesel.com/1000q/a4/a4-pumpe-tdi-bew-index.htm

welcometomyturbodies

Also chitty rents the tools if required.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Not Tonight Kato

Exactly Seatman, a long deceased cat of mine, prone to surprise attacks, was named after The Pink Panthers Kato. Coincidentally, The Green Hornets Kato, Bruce Lee, is planted a few yards away from my relatives at the Lakeview cemetery here in Seattle. Anyway, thanks for the tip on checking the cam. I've not looked at it for 30k miles. sense then I've had one 20k mile OCI with a UOA showing Iron @ 22ppm and a UOA @ 10k miles of the oil still in the engine showing Iron @ 11ppm. I'm curious to see what the cam looks like, I've got all the TTY cap screws and cam bearings if I decide to change those out.

Thanks

1 - 3 of 3 Posts