VW TDI forum, Audi, Porsche, and Chevy Cruze Diesel forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi there - I am new to the forum and new to owning a VW TDI. All my diesel experience is on marine engines and Im excited about getting into my car's systems. I have a 2005 Passat TDI 2.0 BHW. First big project will be a balance shaft delete/timing belt change. Im not sure the state of my pump, but the oil pickup has come unbolted from the pump and so I get low oil pressure when accelerating on a hill. I checked out the inside of the oil pan with a borescope and there was the pickup, barely hanging on and no bolt in one of the holes of the flange. I know that the car will be sweet once I get through this, so here we go! Psyched that this forum has so much info on the subject, but if anyone wants to chime in with helpful tips, I'll take them. Thanks for all the published help and Im psyched to be part of this TDI thing.

·
Premium Member
287 Posts
Don't pay for a premium membership right now. The original site owner sold the site awhile back and the new owners promptly changed it and ruined it in the process. So right now the wiki is messed up and a lot of the wiki and premium content is either missing or useless. They are still charging people for services they can't provide and have no idea when or if they will get it fixed.

·
Super Moderator
9,565 Posts
Welcome to the forum.

Its nice to see you made an intro on your own. ;)

This is a new forum layout which is owned by a company last year that doesn't give a dam with loads of bugs which have been reported in the new thread. There is no TDI Wiki at the moment or original similes which they refuse to install. It doesn't show the car spec/location.

Add your car specs to your signature that will show on every post you make.

Car spec now shows not for all members.

Release Notes

We Are Live - Community Feedback

This has been talked about many times.

I've made a poll which no one has posted in, there are a few votes and comments.

Do you like the new forum features?

Wiki pages have been restored as of 7th December, I asked where is the link it should be on top of the main forum.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts