VW TDI forum, Audi, Porsche, and Chevy Cruze Diesel forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
2006 Jetta TDI in Vancouver Canada.
Problems so far,
1. Two bolts that holds door metal skin on have fallen out, both replaced under warranty,
2. Engine light for intermittent open circuit on glow plug #3, glow plug replaced just before warranty expired, did not solve problem.
3. Low coolant light came on, just needed slight top off with water, not a leak, probably just expansion of hoses with time.
4. Factory rubber floor mats got holes under both heals in < 3 years light duty use commuting to office. Replacement Weatertech mats much better design and look like will survive way longer.

·
Premium Member
23,902 Posts
#4 really? They seemed pretty durable to me. The OEM Monster Mats? Is your office a soccer field and you're wearing spiked cleats? The weathertech mats are also pretty good.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Yeah, thanks for the welcome.
Think you (ccbb) replied to one of my posts on tdiclub.
Upcoming project on this car is timing belt change, excellent looking procedure here.
My 'Jetta' rubber monster mats proved to be defective junk. Asked my local lame dealer about warranty on these when they did their useless glow plug replacement and they pretty much laughed. The Weathertechs work fine with clutch pedal, but Weathertech doens't want to assume any liability in case the mat warps and catches on pedal.

·
Premium Member
158 Posts
Yeah, thanks for the welcome.
Think you (ccbb) replied to one of my posts on tdiclub.
Upcoming project on this car is timing belt change, excellent looking procedure here.
My 'Jetta' rubber monster mats proved to be defective junk. Asked my local lame dealer about warranty on these when they did their useless glow plug replacement and they pretty much laughed. The Weathertechs work fine with clutch pedal, but Weathertech doens't want to assume any liability in case the mat warps and catches on pedal.
I have Weathertechs mats as well. They contour well,just a little thick but thats what helps hold mud,water etc. Sometimes they do interfer with clutch pedal.

I think you will like the window deflectors, they fit pefectly in the window channel. (front windows). Get the tinted ones

1 - 5 of 5 Posts