VW TDI forum, Audi, Porsche, and Chevy Cruze Diesel forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have been told that the engine light is on because of an intake manifold fault (don't know the code) and that the cause is a faulty motor and the entire intake manifold has to be replaced as it's all one unit (motor, flap etc). I went to VW who confirmed that and also said the extended warranty I referenced for this was only for gas engines. There is no noticeable change in performance when I drive the car. I need to make a trip for family reasons - about 1200 kms (750 miles) in the next few days. If I do this do I risk any significant damage.
Thanks for any input.

·
Premium Member
15 Posts
The only thing to worry about apparently is that the DPF will not go into regeneration cycle with CEL light on. I just fixed my 2009 with dieselgeeks P2015 repair bracket. I drove the car for a week or so with no issues. You might get the code cleared at autozone just before a long leg. As soon as you restart the engine the CEL light will come back on but at least you will get a regeneration cycle done. A DPF is expensive to replace. The dieselgeek bracket will cost you about $100 Cdn...well worth it compared to an $800.00 manifold.
Cheers Ted

1 - 5 of 5 Posts