VW TDI forum, Audi, Porsche, and Chevy Cruze Diesel forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey all,

Successful install of Skoda BT in 09 Jetta without RNS Nav. Just wanted to pass along info since there isnt much out there.

Ordered unit from "Car Systems" on ebay. They are in Poland but they were recommended highly and they were great. Just specify whether you have Navigation or not. Unit came pre programmed, plug and play with install directions. There install is not under seat as normally recommended but behind a/c controls and although l little maneuvering to get in there it fits great. A recommendation, get felt tape and cover everything from wiring to actual BT unit to prevent rattling. You can order from Impex.

After unit was hooked up it worked great, I had MFD display (actually didnt show up until next morning) and I havent even coded car yet. Sound is great and folks on other end cant tell any difference in sound quality.

Pretty much followed these directions (minus Navigation info)
http://www.my-gti.com/3/volkswagen-skoda-oem-bluetooth-install.

I know nothing about cars, working on cars, etc. This was a DIY and it took a couple of hours just due to lack of experience doing this stuff but it is totally doable. I ordered Vag-Com from Ross tech for coding (for MFSW) vs going to dealership but from what I understand you can do either. I just figured I can have this program handy for about the same price of a dealership visit.

Good luck!

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Ok well wouldnt you know it the install couldnt just be simple and smooth. Good news is the next day I had full MFD including caller ID, phone book etc. The only issue was the Phone button on steering wheel wasnt working, figured it to be a coding issue so I ordered vag-com.

Bad news is the next morning my satellite stereo and iphone/ipod have no sound coming from speakers although display and everything else is working fine.

Why cant VW just install this stuff stock!!! Vag com will be here Monday figure i will take a look, not have a clue what this stuff means and end up going to dealer anyways.:dunno

·
Registered
48 Posts
That's a bummer. Keep us updated, I'm very curious to find out the solution.

I've read all the FAQs in regard to bluetooth and radio options. The information can make you dizzy.

I've already purchased a MFSW for my '09 Sportwagen. I still need the airbag harness and control module and then to tackle the actual installation.

Then I'd like to add bluetooth and a RNS-510 radio. I'm just worried about getting all of it to work together and voiding my warranty.

I'm pissed that I didn't wait till MY10 but that's life!

·
Super Moderator
23,902 Posts
FYI I'm learning more about the 09 MFSW and it looks like the control module must be a newer one due to an electronics change and you must use the single purple airbag harness. The 10s require a new control module as well.

The Vag com should reveal if there's a coding problem, which it sounds like. The sat stereo and iphone thing sounds like a different issue but it could be related to the code. I'm a strong believer in buying the genuine VCDS (newer name for vag com) because they have little depreciation if you ever sell it since the software activation follows the cable, making the actual price far cheaper than 1 hour labor at the dealer.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I know I found a forum that was sponsored by ross tech to have some of these questions answered. I just received the VCDS cable, ran the diagnostics (which was pretty slick) now I just need someone to translate. Anyone know where I can find that forum?????

THanks

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #8

Attachments

·
Registered
48 Posts
Looks like that outfit in Poland is selling them on Ebay for about $450, at least the version that works on an '09 with a red display.

I'm very tempted but it seems pricey. I just purchased an RNS-510.

Is that what you paid for yours or did you get a better price with 'make an offer'? I might try low-balling them!

1 - 9 of 9 Posts