VW TDI forum, Audi, Porsche, and Chevy Cruze Diesel forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I need help, I want to instal a timing belt in my 05 passat, i got a kit from dieselgeek, but i dont have any instructions and it seems i can't access the intallation instructions on this site, any and all help will be much appreciated!

·
Premium Member
23,902 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Welcome! They don't give out instructions with the parts. It takes a few minutes for the first post to be recognized so take your time and read part 1 before you try to access part 2: http://www.myturbodiesel.com/1000q/b5/oil-pump-passat-tdi-replacement.htm

FYI, this is also a good time to check the camshaft for wear and consider replacing the balance shaft with the more reliable gear driven module:http://www.myturbodiesel.com/1000q/b5/oil-pump-failure-passat-tdi.htm
welcometomyturbodies
is there any tricks or problems that might come up

·
Super Moderator
2,243 Posts
is there any tricks or problems that might come up
welcometomyturbodies Welcome to the website - but you really should have posted your own introduction rather than tagged along with someone else's thread...

Tricks?? It's not quite time for Halloween...

Problems? Things never seem to go quite as they're supposed to... especially with older cars...

It's mandatory to have the proper lockdown tools, for starters, and for the 2004-5 North American Passats, the balance shaft module with the chain drive is a guaranteed fail point at some time... I believe some of the later 2005's got the geared module from the factory... everyone else will have to put in the upgrade sooner or later... hopefully before the chain disintegrates and a new engine's needed...

Yuri

·
Registered
2 Posts
replaced my timing belt, water pump and idlers yesterday. Using the directions on mytubodiesel. Everything went great about eight hours. Make sure you have the tools listed for crank and camshaft, also a ten mm triple square socket. I feel really good about saving all that labor money. Good luck

1 - 7 of 7 Posts