VW TDI forum, Audi, Porsche, and Chevy Cruze Diesel forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hows things, so the issue i have being having is my passat has not being starting very well and when it does it gets very smokey untill i drive it, after that its perfect, eventually my mechanic diagnosed the problem to be leaking injector seals, so this week i dropped the car into get all the seals replaced, since i have got the car back the cold starting issue seems to be gone but now the car seems to have lost a lot of power, the turbo is kicking inbut not as much as it used to, all the vacuum lines are good and so are all the intercooler pipes but not as much as it used to, it also revs up very sluggish, almost as if its missing?? so i decided to bring it back into my mechanic today and he done an injector test and told me i need 2 new injectors now (number 1 and 4) he showed me the results on the laptop but i havent got a clue wat it ment,, my issue is this problem was never there before he done the seals and im wondering is he trying to make a fool out of me or can this happen, even when im driving the car it just doesnt seem to rev up very well, it seems to rev up very slowly, any info would be greatly appreciated :)

·
Premium Member
23,902 Posts
Exactly which injector seals? I imagine this is a pumpe duse engine? If he replaced the seals on a PD engine you have to adjust the injectors, perhaps they could be adjusted? See the FAQ for how to remove/replace the injectors. The rocker for the inj. has an adjustment.

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
He replaced the seals on all 4 injectors, im not to sure to be honest, i haven't got a clue about any of this kind of stuff, the engine is out of a 2003 1.9tdi 130 passat if that helps, he also told me if i replace the injectors with second hand ones that i will have to buy new seals again, could he not just use the new seals that he just put onto the injectors that are supposed to be bad,,, i'm just baffled as to whats going on with it because i never had this problem before i got the seals done.

·
Premium Member
736 Posts
So you basically picked up your car from your mechanic in the worse condition than before? I would just say " hay man you know that the engine didn't sound like this before. You take care of it and charge me only for the seals as we agreed see you in a day or two."

·
Premium Member
12 Posts
Exactly which injector seals? I imagine this is a pumpe duse engine? If he replaced the seals on a PD engine you have to adjust the injectors, perhaps they could be adjusted? See the FAQ for how to remove/replace the injectors. The rocker for the inj. has an adjustment.
That's interesting, as I just recently posted asking if I needed to re-adjust my injectors after doing the cam and injector seals on my PD, and was told by multiple people that I did not. Is the Passat different in some way?
Also, the injector FAQ link you mention is dead.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts