VW TDI forum, Audi, Porsche, and Chevy Cruze Diesel forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The pressure pipe on my #2 and #4 cylinders seems to leaking. There is fuel puddling on top of the nut that connects the pipe to the injector.

The CEL is not on, I noticed a strong Diesel smell and discovered the leaks.

I checked the nuts and they seems to be tight, could the pipe be cracked?

·
Premium Member
9,674 Posts
The nipples could be cracked.

It depends if there are any diesel repair shops near you? There is an hydraulic tool that forms the nipples (we have one at work) on the injector pipe similar to a brake pipe but the wall thicknest of the injector pipe is 10 times thicker than a brake pipe because of the pressure inside. On older pipes there was a collar/washer as well.

I've searched for pictures of the pipe ends and the forming tool but I can't find any?

So you either contact these shops to see if they can make injector pipes then you would take both of your leaking ones off and take them down there. Or you order two new pipes from the dealer, they may have them in stock?

·
Premium Member
23,902 Posts
As another suggestion, did you change the fuel injector nozzles? If so, you may not have tightened the cap-nut enough. It could also be leaking at the head surface if the metal o-ring wasn't seated right. These can cause fuel to spray or creep up.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I've done a lot of work on the car in the past few weeks.
Corrected limp mode, new fuel filter, MAS, N75, replaced Vac lines, new Glow Plug harness.

I'm wondering if I might have damaged the lines when replacing the Glow Plug harness.
The Harness required a great deal of pulling to remove it the from the Glow Plugs. I might have banged into the injector pipe and cracked a seal or pipe.

·
Premium Member
9,674 Posts
No pulling the pipes even with a lever won't damage them or cause them to leak unless they were damaged before and you didn't notice?

1 - 5 of 5 Posts