VW TDI forum, Audi, Porsche, and Chevy Cruze Diesel forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i looked at the various options for a block heater. i purchased a in line heater which goes on the coolant line.

my question is which lines? i saw once through this site a detail for intalling these but can't find it now. the frostheater one is the same but not available in canada without duty etc.

i can instll but need to understand which hose to put it on and posibly size. i think it is 5/8"

and i did see instructions once which said to buy about one foot od hose???? anyone know where these instructions are?

thanks

·
Super Moderator
9,408 Posts
Block heaters have been talked about on here before if you do a search? ;)

·
Super Moderator
23,902 Posts
For your Golf, I believe it would go from the coolant flange on the head to the upper radiator line. Not 100% sure but if you ask frostheater for a .pdf instruction sheet before you buy their product to check out installation, I'm sure they would be happy to provide it.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Just installed a frost heater today.Took about 2 hour's and fits like a glove.I wouldn't even think about another product, i could do this in half the time now that it's in. If your quick and clamp the hoses with vice grips only loose about a half a cup of antifreeze. To add to chitty's reply it comes with hoses, clamps and step by step instructions with pic's to go from bottom of oil filter to engine head.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts