VW TDI forum, Audi, Porsche, and Chevy Cruze Diesel forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i have a 2004 jetta 1.8t i know its not a 1.9 i have a 2001 jetta with the 1.9 also but i think my problem is with the immobilizer and i think its the same setup sometimes car starts and runs fine then you can shut it off and it might or might not start again the yellow key light comes on with ign key and then goes off when you crank it will have power to the injectors until you crank it then it loses all power to them any help greatly app.

·
Premium Member
23,902 Posts
I'm not sure what the problem is no offense but the very long run on sentence it's all one sentence makes it hard to understand what your problem is I mean I want to help but I'm not sure what the problem is if it cranks but doesn't fire it's not the immobilzer because the immobilizer still lets the engine start fine it just shuts it off after a second the fact that the yellow key light comes on makes me think you are having a problem with the immoibilizer so try to isolate it to the antenna key or instrument cluster.

Also try the steps in the immo troubleshooting FAQ.

·
Premium Member
5,942 Posts
I have a 2004 jetta 1.8t, I know its not a 1.9 tdi but I have a 2001 jetta with the 1.9 tdi engine also, I think my problem is with the immobilizer and I think its the same setup. Sometimes the car starts and runs fine then you can shut it off and it might or might not start again. The yellow key light comes on with the ign key and then goes off when you crank it, it will have power to the injectors until you crank it then it loses all power to them, any help greatly app.
Is that better chitty?:D

Yeh have a look through the immo faq but with regards to the tdi cars the engine will start and shut off again after 2 seconds, I don't know what it's like on the petrol/gas cars. I suspect though you might need to get the ecu scanned for fault codes, it sounds like you might have a intermitent fault going on there. I think the vortex site has more info regarding the 1.8t engine so you might also find more useful info there.:)

welcometomyturbodies

1 - 3 of 3 Posts