VW TDI forum, Audi, Porsche, and Chevy Cruze Diesel forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi everyone,
I have a VW with the Immobilizer 2 module, and after disconnecting the battery to perform some engine work, upon reconnect the car cranks but does not fire. Investigating with a VAG-Com tool showed the ECU reporting P1570 - Engine Start Blocked by Immobilizer.

Reading appropriate data blocks from the Immobilizer module showed it still recognizes the key, can communicate with the ECU, and does not appear to be disabling the motor (also no Immobilizer-specific trouble codes).

I don't believe I touched any wiring between the ECU and Immobilizer, but I did have the batt disconnected for a few days. Any suggestions as to where I should start would be greatly appreciated!

·
Premium Member
9,650 Posts
Welcome to the forum. welcometomyturbodies

VAG Error Code: 17978

EOBD II Error Code: P1570

Fault Location:E
gine control module (ECM) - immobilizer active

Possible Cause:
Incorrect/damaged key.
Incorrectly coded.
Engine control module (ECM)/Immobilizer replacement without coding.
Wiring.
Immobilizer defective.

As taken from my http://www.myturbodiesel.com/forum/f9/free-eobd-ii-error-codes-software-2919/ ;)

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Solved!

Hi all, thanks for the informative posts! Turns out when I was doublechecking my timing marks, I neglected to doublecheck the intermediate shaft timing mark on the distributor (yes, it's one of those gasoline engine things ;) ) I was thrown off by the immobilizer error, which looks to actually have been solved by your battery disconnect/drain solution. Syncing up ALL timing marks finally got the motor running, no more immobilizer errors either!

Thanks!
-Steve

·
Premium Member
9,650 Posts
Well its nice to know its petrol/gas driven as we can't make out from 2001 VW Cabrio. Do you fancy added the exact model then users won't need to ask?

1 - 6 of 6 Posts