VW TDI forum, Audi, Porsche, and Chevy Cruze Diesel forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi,

I have a 2002 VW Beetle. Over the years, I have had problems with my immobilizer, i.e., my car will turn but not stay engaged. I have had my keys programmed at least four times. This last time that I was stranded--I towed my car to the dealer and was told that I needed to replace my immobilizer for $915. However, the technician couldn't provide me with any diagnostic evidence that the immobilizer was defective. It was his best guess. Further, the warranty on the immobilizer is only for 1 year or 12,000 miles, which isn't a good enough investment. I could have my car towed and keys reprogrammed seven times in one year for about the same amount.

Because, I don't want to be stranded again, I was hoping to find out the SKC emergency bypass steps.

Any help with this would be greatly appreciated.

MG

·
Premium Member
9,642 Posts
Welcome to the forum. welcometomyturbodies

No the immobilizer can't be bypased and only the dealer can get the SKC. If you can obtain the SKC then VCDS will programme any keys you want to use. Or you can use VAG-TACHO to get the SKC of your vehicle so I'm told.

·
Premium Member
23,902 Posts
Can't be bypassed with any normal tools that is. I certainly sympathize with you after so many problems.

There is a way to completely delete it but I couldn't tell you the details because only someone who can rewrite your eeprom or car's computer can delete it. There are chip tuners out there who can do it. IIRC your 2002 may use immo3 which doesn't use the emergency bypass.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts