VW TDI forum, Audi, Porsche, and Chevy Cruze Diesel forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hello everyone

ok my 5 year old took my car keys apart and cracked the transponder chip well chip it he did not remove it and now the car dies after about 1-2 sec's and the yellow light with the car and key are showing ,oh yes its a audi a4 97 uk model i have only the one key. what to do now ?

thanks

·
Premium Member
23,902 Posts
moved to general section because it's such a specific question.

I believe your 97 Audi A4 should have immobilizer 1. At this point, your best bet is to take the car to the dealer. You could buy the tools to program the chip but it would cost more than the dealer. It would also get fixed right away. I suggest buying 2 keys.

If you want to save money, use your VIN number to buy cut keys online from a OEM parts dealer. The key will come cut and you just have to take the key to the dealer for programming.

If you can wait, look for the tag with the 4 digit SKC code on it, buy the tools to program the key, and program it yourself. When you're done, resell the tools (feel free to list them here).

Read the mk4 key FAQ article here for some info. It's for VW but your Audi is the same except it has immo1 which we didn't have in North America. Therefore, the key programming procedure is slightly different but should be almost the same. http://www.myturbodiesel.com/1000q/a4/vw-smart-key-remote-replacement.htm

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
thanks for the reply i cant get the car to the dealer it wont move only starts for 2-3 sec's .

i bought vag-com 409-1 plus the cable, i bought the car second hand with 1 key and no log book or any documents other than the legal car papers so i need to try and get this done myself

dealer want £80 just to tow the car in then the key and labour costs on top so its going to cost alot so want to try it myself if i can, what software would i need and can i buy the cut keys off the internet and then program them myself ?

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
ok got this vag-com to work this is what it said

VAG-COM Version: Release 409.1-S

Gateway does not exist or CAN interface required.
Chassis Type: 8D - Audi A4 B5
Scan: 01,02,03,08,15,17,25,35,45,55,56

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Address 01: Engine
Controller: 3B0 907 557 A
Component: 1,6l R4/2V SIMOS HS D02
Coding: 04001
Shop #: WSC 00000
2 Faults Found:
00537 - Lambda (Oxygen Sensor) Regulation
19-10 - Lower Limit - Intermittent
17978 - Engine Start Blocked by Immobilizer
P1570 - 35-10 - - - Intermittent
Readiness: N/A

Address 03: ABS Brakes
Controller: 8E0 614 111
Component: ABS 5.3 FRONT D11
Coding: 0273004132
Shop #: BB 24303
No fault code found.

Address 15: Airbags
Controller: 8A0 959 655 B
Component: Airbag V AUDI D01
Coding: 00766
Shop #: WSC 06324
1 Fault Found:
00532 - Supply Voltage B+
07-10 - Signal too Low - Intermittent

Address 17: Instruments
Controller: 8D0 919 035 S
Component: B5_KOMBIINSTRUMENT D09
Coding: 00442
Shop #: WSC 00000
No fault code found.

Address 25: Immobilizer
Controller: 4A0 953 234 F
Component: IMMO AUZ9Z0T9970259 D77
Coding: 00000
Shop #: WSC 00899
No fault code found.

Address 35: Centr. Locks
Controller: 8LO 862 257 A
Component: ZV-Pumpe, DWA
Coding: 01416
Shop #: WSC 06325
8 Faults Found:
01367 - Central Locking Pump Run Time Exceeded (Likely Leak)
35-00 - -
01371 - Alarm triggered by Door Contact Switch: Driver's Side
35-00 - -
01372 - Alarm triggered by Door Contact Switch: Passenger Side or Rear
35-00 - -
01374 - Alarm triggered by Terminal 15
35-00 - -
01370 - Alarm triggered by Interior Monitoring
35-00 - -
01369 - Alarm triggered by Hood Switch
35-00 - -
01368 - Alarm triggered by Luggage Compartment Switch
35-00 - -
01373 - Alarm triggered by Radio Ground Contact
35-00 - -

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
here is more from vcds-lite

VCDS-Lite Version: Release 1.1
Thursday, 03 March 2011, 22:10:16.
Control Module Part Number: 4A0 953 234 F
Component and/or Version: IMMO AUZ9Z0T9970259 D77
Software Coding: 00000
Work Shop Code: WSC 00899
VCID: 253D7297ACEF
1 Fault Found:
01176 - Key
07-00 - Signal too Low

·
Premium Member
23,902 Posts
I don't know if VCDS lite can do key program. The full version VCDS cable is expensive but the depreciation is little since the software follows the cable. Read the entire key FAQ article and immobilizer FAQ, they list the tools needed. Yes, if you buy cut keys online you should be able to program it yourself.

FYI, the airbag code is common, clear it and if it doesn't come back there's no problem.

The door-alarm thing could be rubbing wires in the door jamb. the central lock pump run time could also be a leak. The lock plungers are pneumatically actuated, that's why there's a slight pause when the move and why they move so smoothly. However, the air lines can leak. Clear the codes and see if they come back. If so, you have some wiring that needs checking.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
thanks for the info can somebody recommend a auto locksmith in the ballyclare area in northern Ireland because i have phoned about 4 and they say they cant do it ,need the car at the workshop ?

just dont understand how would any audi owner that lost there car get home must it be towed to the locksmith then what are they mobile for then ?

·
Super Moderator
9,555 Posts
just dont understand how would any audi owner that lost there car get home must it be towed to the locksmith then what are they mobile for then ?
Well if the owner has lost their car they would have to get a taxi home or goto specsavers. :laugh:

Now I've been wondering about this since I've had my car. With all previous cars I've carried a spare key on my home keyring just in case its gets lost or broken. All I need is a blade cut to get into the car and I could hide my spare in the car somewhere. They don't do a blade only key you have to buy a full key without electronics which is like carrying 2 keys around with you. My local locksmith says these are £15.

I've seen VW blank keys on eBay I'm wondering if I could seperate the blade from the holder and have that cut and drill a hole in to fit the keyring?

VW flip fob 3 button remote blank key golf polo HAA

·
Super Moderator
9,555 Posts
Thanks for the link but it only lists Golfs upto 2004.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
ok now i got the skc and a new key but i am following the guide on vag-com but my key doesnt want to show a yes or 1 is group 3 ? any ideas why ?

·
Registered
1 Posts
2001 Beetle immobilizer issue

I had my battery disconnected while I was doing some repairs and now the immobilizer is active. Is there anything I can do other towing to the dealer?

·
Premium Member
23,902 Posts
Take a look at the immobilzier FAQ. It shouldn't be activated just by battery disconnect but it does sometimes happen. Try the key-on trick or the battery cable trick. If you can't get it running and need the car right away, the dealer is the only option. If you're willing to wait and buy some special tools it'll be cheaper.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
this is what im talking about both my old key and new dont have that value in field 3

not sure but the locksmith say my car year 97 they changed transponders so i could have a t5 or t6 transponder is there a way to scan to make sure what one i need

[Select]
[25 - Immobilizer]
[Meas. Blocks - 08]
Select Block 001.
[Go!]
The value in field 3 must be 1. If value is not 1, the key is not capable of being adapted to Immobilizer.
You can check each key in this manner.
[Done, Go Back]

1 - 16 of 16 Posts