VW TDI forum, Audi, Porsche, and Chevy Cruze Diesel forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi I have a passat which is 1.8T but I think immobilizers are the same on all of them. Yesterday I was not able to start the car. It looked like the car thinks it is still locked. I would be happy if any one could let me know how to by pass the immobilizer as I do not want to pay the dealer and have it towed. The car is at home depot parking loot. Also the CCM is gone as I had a water leak. any ideas or anyone has done this.

thank you
sk28

·
Registered
482 Posts
If the car thinks it's locked it's either the CCM or the door wiring harness.

The CCM is part of the alarm interlock. It won't start without it.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Is there any way to bypass or I should have it towed and waite for CCM. does any one know if there is any Fuse for CCM.

·
Registered
139 Posts
Just a thought, try jumping the alarm relay or interlock relay. I don't have a Passat, just throwing out a suggestion to get you on the road.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Well, the CCM was submerged in water and the car did not start. I took the CCM out of the car dry it and put it back the car started and took it home. Now does any one know where the water might be coming in and where is the most common place that water starts to come in on a 12 year old passat. It was a lot of water as we had a big storm on Sunday. No I am drying the damn thing and hope no mold.

sk28

·
Super Moderator
23,902 Posts
Sunroof drains at the corners of the sunroof. If the line were to break internally it could leak. If it's clogged it will overflow.

More likely is the windshield drains. Look under the battery and the brake booster. There are 2 drains there. If they're clogged with mold goo or leaves the water has to go somewhere.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts