VW TDI forum, Audi, Porsche, and Chevy Cruze Diesel forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I parked my jetta tdi for the day, and when i wanted to use it again the engine would start and immediatly shut down. This is a tipical immobilizer function, except nothing appeared on the instrument cluster. the clock dis display "2:2c" the fuel gage doesnot move. i'm think maybe total instrument cluster failure. I checked all involved fuses and checked for any grounding problems. i would like to terminate immobilizer function so i'm not a pedestrian. any ideas.

·
Super Moderator
23,902 Posts
This sounds like total instrument cluster failure if not coolant migration (search the FAQ for more on this), bad battery or grounds. First fix the instrument cluster. The new instrument cluster won't work because the immobilizer will be active so if you want to terminate the immo, use chip tuning. There is no easy or quick way to permanetly disable it or else it wouldn't be a very effective anti theft device, would it!

·
Registered
1 Posts
Immobilizer faild like to disconnected

Hi everyone! I have an audi a3 tdi in the uk 110hp. I would like to know how to disconnetthe immo system. Any sulotion please. I am a mechanic so i could do almost anything with cars, i just need some help with it please. Thanks guys!!!

·
Super Moderator
23,902 Posts
Hi everyone! I have an audi a3 tdi in the uk 110hp. I would like to know how to disconnetthe immo system. Any sulotion please. I am a mechanic so i could do almost anything with cars, i just need some help with it please. Thanks guys!!!
What year? I think immobilizer generation 1 had a separate box and I don't know if you could do something with that. Later generations are built into the instrument cluster, need chip tuning to remove. Unless you can modify the eeprom yourself, it's not something you can do.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts