VW TDI forum, Audi, Porsche, and Chevy Cruze Diesel forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hi there some info greatly needed. i have been having immobiliser issues the last few days. finally took chip out of key and placed chip on ignition, car is now starting ( immobiliser off ) . is problem caused by chip or the pick-up. is there a way to test either ? many thanks

·
Premium Member
23,902 Posts
It's pretty rare for the chip to fail. My best guess is that if there is an intermittent problem it's not the chip because I think it's so simple that it should be a works-or-doesn't thing.

Problem would then be in pickup antenna around the ignitino, wiring, ecu, or cluster.

·
Premium Member
23,902 Posts
You can monitor the immobilizer chip status through VCDS measuring blocks. This is a tool which can access the immobilizer module. I don't think there's a way to isolate it to the chip or pickup unless you had another programmed chip or pickup to test it with.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
i like smokies but woman are better. back to the problem, i have tried placing the chip on the pick up and it only works when it is in one certain place on the coil. have left the chip there and it starts every time now. would vag com freeware be any good for this type of problem ?

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
i got a few fault codes off vcds lite. p 1570 35 10 intermittent. 00953 interior light time limit intermittent. 00944 heated passenger mirror intermittent. 01176 key 07 10 low signal intermittent . i did have to fix a couple of wires going to central control. i have cleared all codes. i left the key chip stuck to the ignition and have had no starting problems. my other problem is that the central locking has shut down. vcds says central lock no response. is there a relay that controls c/ l all fuses are okay.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
finally got everything sorted, it was a crappy wire at the ccm, everything now working perfect

1 - 9 of 9 Posts