VW TDI forum, Audi, Porsche, and Chevy Cruze Diesel forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a IMMO / Cluster swap issue. Mine is 2004 VW Jetta TDI PD wagon with engine code BEW, which I bought off from an online Insurance salvage auction, However, when I received the car, the instrument cluster was swapped (with a Gas cluster since there is no glow plug and mentions Unleaded fuel). werd

So bought a used 2004 TDI Immo3 cluster. I also got a VAG TACHO software and cable with which I got the PIN from TDI Cluster.

Now, I am not able to do the cluster swap (with VAG COM) since I don't have the PIN from the original cluster. I believe this info is on the ECU which is a EDC16 U31. Is there any way I can retrieve this PIN from the ECU using a OBDII connector and software? Is there any other way to get around this?

Does VAG DASH CAN v5.14 or v5.17 or VAG CAN COMMANDER 5.5 get this info from a EDC16 U31 through OBDII? How do I verify if this car uses CAN or a KLine/COM connection?

Any advice is welcome? :bowdown

·
Registered
4 Posts
Yes I have seen the link (Seatman) and also other links mentioned there. I have also researched the theme on "Cluster Swap". Many talk about using VAG COM for the Cluster Swap/Adaptation, where I need the 2 PINs/SKC, one for the old Cluster and another for the new Cluster.

Pakofa Yes, I have the PIN for the new cluster, which I got out by installing and connecting it to VAG TACHO 2.5 and got out the 4 digit PIN. What I don't have is PIN for the cluster that was on the car. What I understand is that VAG DASH CAN V5.14 seem to be able to retrieve this, but I am not sure if that is really true as I have not come across any manuals for this. http://www.sinosells.com/goods-3637-VAG+DASH+CAN+514.html

I was advised elsewhere to:
1. Do a ECU DUMP and retrieve PIN. VAG DASH CAN (official site and other) claims to do this for a EDC16 ECU and they also have a small software to do a PIN Calc
2. Get a set of new keys, ECU and Cluster.
3. Do a ECU re Tunning

I am trying the 1st of the above. Any help advice would be appreciated

I hope I have been able to explain the situation. Thanks for your time.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Jetta Cluster 2004

Hi guys, can someone please help me out… I have a 2004 Jetta the Speedometer, Odomometer and Cruise Control all stopped working at 48,000 miles… And when the fuel is around half tank, the LOW FUEL alarm beeps at me every time I go around a sharp curve. I purchased a instrument cluster from the same year Jetta from a junk yard. Am I able to just swap the two out with each other or do I need to do any programming? I am not worried about the milage.
I have a VAG-COM KKL 409.1 OBD2 USB Cable, and downloaded Ross-Tech (http://www.ross-tech.com/vcds-lite/download/index.html)

Ross-tech currently says:
VAG Number: 06A 906 032 NA
Component: 2I LEV2 A4 AG4 G 5501

1 fault Code Found
16885 – Vehicle Speed Sensor: Implausable Signal
P0501 - 35-00- -

Soft Coding: 00003 Shop: WSC 00066

1 - 5 of 5 Posts