VW TDI forum, Audi, Porsche, and Chevy Cruze Diesel forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Yes, I'm an idiot. I've had my 2012 TDI for two months, and my DPF Light is on. I need major assistance with the regen process, and I'm sure you experts can translate the below for me, or even tell me if this is the process I should follow when attempting to start the manual regen.

I tried last night to drive with the car in 5th gear, keeping the RPM's above 2000, but I kept the speed above 60 mph for what I measured to be around 10 minutes. Driving here in Denver, it's difficult to keep this process going because of overpopulation, aka traffic is a b!%@#. I found the below online and was wondering if someone can simplify this for me. From what I understand, I need to keep the car above 2K RPM, speed above 40 MPH, for 10-15 minutes, and the regen process should clear the light. If I'm wrong, correct the hell out of me, because I want to keep this car, and I need to know how to maintain this.

Thanks in advance for dealing with my stupidity; I'm a desk jockey with no automotive intelligence whatsoever.

Regeneration while Driving
Prerequisites (General):

• Ignition ON
  • Engine ON (Idle)
  • Coolant Temperature above 70 °C (see MVB 002.4)
  • Particle Filter Load below Specification (see MVB 108.2/3, VCDS should give the specified values)
    • If the Particle Filter Load is above Specification the Particle Filter needs to be replaced since the car may burn down when regenerating.
    • If the Particle Filter Load value in MVB 108 is blank, use alternate group 241.2/3 instead.
  • Power Consumers ON (Light, Seat Heating, Front/Rear Window Heater, Climate Control)
  • Engine Hood Closed
Conditions (Driving Cycle):

• Vehicle Speed above 60 km/h (40 MPH)
  • Engine Speed between 2000-2500 RPM (4th or 5th Gear, Automatic Transmission in Tiptronic)
  • Duration approx. 10-15 Minutes
  • Exhaust Gas Temperature before Turbo Charger above 170 °C (MVB 099.2)
  • Exhaust Gas Temperature before Diesel Particle Filter above 150 °C (MVB 099.3)
  • Exhaust Gas Temperature after Diesel Particle Filter above 150 °C (MVB 099.4)

·
Super Moderator
8,967 Posts
First posts normally go in introductions else you could get a free fix and we never see you again!!!

Forum Rules and Guidelines

Any problems search TDI Wiki as that covers write ups and forum posts.

You need to get your motor scanned (preferably with VAG-COM\VCDS) for any error codes logged in the ecu and post them, that will save a lot of guessing and check systems out.

Diesel Particle Filter (DPF) Emergency Regeneration

1 - 2 of 2 Posts