VW TDI forum, Audi, Porsche, and Chevy Cruze Diesel forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 2005.5 Jetta, and every warning light on the dash is on constantly, except check engine. I dont believe that many things can be wrong at once. The battery was disconnected for a few months prior to this problem. Does anyone have an idea? I dont want to drive 2.5 hrs to be jammed by the dealer.

·
Registered
159 Posts
Check the codes at a parts store or garage. It'll be cheaper than the dealer and I'm guessing that every light on means something is FUBAR. Figure out what they mean. Maybe the battery cables came off?

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
re: Pearlgolf reply

Thank you for your reply.
The battery cable was disconnected for some time. Could that be the problem? Also, if a scantool is required can you (or anyone else) recommend a model, and I will buy one, as my son also has a 2006 Golf TDI

·
Super Moderator
23,902 Posts
Ross tech VCDS. It will work on both your CAN BUS car and the mk4 2006 Golf TDI.

When the battery is disconnected there are a few things that have to be reset - ESP/steering angle. You can just drive normally and it'll go away. The auto windows have to be reset - you just raise them, press and hold, lower them, press and hold. Here are some more details: http://www.myturbodiesel.com/1000q/a5/steering-adaptation-VW.htm You don't need VCDS to do it but if it doesn't fix itself you have to manually reset it.

If the warning lights are not going away then it's possible something is wrong. Then I would look into getting the scantool. However, auto parts stores normally do scans for free so if that's all that you're looking for, it's cheaper. To do more work on your car or modifications you need the VCDS cable.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts