VW TDI forum, Audi, Porsche, and Chevy Cruze Diesel forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi!
I recently got myself an Ibiza PD130 (love the car) and now I'm trying to get it back into shape as fast as posible (it's REALLY hard to get spares here).
Some pics... right now I have changed the tailights and wheel centers to make it look better (it was missing the Seat logo from the front wheels).

The car still needs a good detailing work to make it shine and A LOT of hours and $$$ to get the engine up to it's original 130hp (dyno'ed 108hp). I already disabled the EGR (was stuck), changed MAF (dead), ordered new glow plugs (dead), installed a boost gauge (trying to order a column pod and a better VDO boost gauge) and bought a new timing belt kit (still not installed).
My biggest problem so far is an oil leak from the camshaft seal (already bought a new seal) and A LOT of boost leakage from the pipes (70% solved using silicone hoses over the original piping... still can't find new parts here for that so I'm thinking of going FMIC with custom made piping).
Future plans are going for a GT2056V, but don't know which exhaust manifold I need for that turbo. My turbo and manifold are one piece, but there must be another TDI manifold I can use.
Best regards!

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks for the warm welcome!

@Seatman: I've already registered and posted an intro thread on that forum... no answer what so ever.

·
Premium Member
5,942 Posts
Thanks for the warm welcome!

@Seatman: I've already registered and posted an intro thread on that forum... no answer what so ever.
Yeh there's a lot of new comers sem to get missed, I think the mods should really take more care of it but they seem to be to busy, I just persevered and get on fine now. What was your user name?:)

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Yeh there's a lot of new comers sem to get missed, I think the mods should really take more care of it but they seem to be to busy, I just persevered and get on fine now. What was your user name?:)
This is me> http://www.seatcupra.net/forums/showthread.php?t=321226

I should probably start posting on the technical areas... but since english is not my native language and my english is far from perfect, I get slacky :D

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Finally a friend of mine got some time for my Ibiza's paint.
This is the result after a few products and machines...

Not sure what or how he did it, but I'm happier now :nana2:

PS. note the difference with the 1st pic I posted :eek

·
Premium Member
5,942 Posts
With effort lol, I have all the cool kit for doing it but lack the willingness to do it:D I've got a large selection of autoglym products and I will get around to using them.:)

1 - 11 of 11 Posts