VW TDI forum, Audi, Porsche, and Chevy Cruze Diesel forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi,

I have a Seat Ibiza Tdi Cupra, from 2005-. This engine was made from VW, as exclusive for Seat Sport. So this car have from standart 160 Hp / 118kw, the engine code is the BPX
I have fitted a Piggy Back, from Unichip, and the problem I have is with the RPM, so that means the crank selection of Motronic is not correct. I mean is something is not the same as the other VW engines, because in the piggy back I have less 300rpm, than the car. This car use a crank sensor with a inductive signal.
Anybody knows what is the correct tees number or any information on this car management on the crank?

Thanks,
Gustavo

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Hi,

Thanks for your opinion, and I wen´t to that forum, and if you look carefully, you will find engines with 130 and 150Hp, this engine i have is 160Hp, is an exclusive for SEAT SPORT, only who buys the CUPRA TDI, from 2005, have this version, you will not found in VW.
The Unichip is an aditional computor box, so all the information, must be add and after the installation, I will map it, that is my job. The problem I found is that something is wrong with the crank-wheel tees numbers or I can not found yet the problem. If was like the normal vw engines, after i tee (joined) the wires in the ignition timing with a signal inductive, here this way the unichip will know the engine RPM, so after i can do the mapping, and choice the PD motronic type, all must be clear. But the reality, I have a delay in the computer Unichip, so I have done a mapping with a wrong figures, because is a diferent speed from the real engine to the Unichip, this is the problem I'am trying to found, why?... maybe the number of tees from this crank-wheel is different, or ....???

Thanks...

As a wild guess, it sounds like it could be a problem with the crank sensor or the piggyback chip that is holding the rpm less. To check if something is wrong with the chip, if possible, take off the piggyback chip and see if it's fixed. I found a seat forum that would probably know more about this:
http://www.seatcupra.net/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=29

1 - 3 of 3 Posts