VW TDI forum, Audi, Porsche, and Chevy Cruze Diesel forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
I have a 2004 Jetta TDI with about 9600 miles. I have had it for about 3 years and really like it. I would like to find someone in the Chicago area that knows diesels. I don't know what TYPE of engine or the in's and out's of this TDI. I want to put many many miles on this TDI.I want to up my MPS's and rub it in all my buddies face. The first thing out of their mouth is that Diesel is more expensive.

·
Premium Member
23,902 Posts
LOL, a house is more expensive than a car, therefore a house is a worse investment than a car....although right now I guess that isn't too far off!

But yes you'll still save more money with a TDI. And only 9600 miles? That has to be a typo, do you mean 96,000 miles? If so, check out the new owner/buying guide checklist for the mk4 cars. You'll want to do the timing belt soon and check some other stuff.

Your engine is the pumpe duse generation, model: BEW.

welcometomyturbodies

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Ooppppsssssss

Yes I mean 96,000 miles. I'm trying to get my TDI into shape. My local mechanic is about to do tires, brakes and struts. By the end of the year i'm going to get the timing belt done. Well cross that bridge in a few months. Thanks. Great site

1 - 3 of 3 Posts