VW TDI forum, Audi, Porsche, and Chevy Cruze Diesel forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
I had an '04 Golf TDI Man 5sp and currently an '05 Passat Man 5sp. Both of these models had a "keyhole" on the outside of the driver's door that would allow opening all windows or closing all windows and the sunroof by just holding the key in the unlock or lock position.

My '11 Golf TDI does not have a keyhole in the driver door and I can't find anything in the manual that may support this, say, with the keyless remote. Am I just old fashioned?

Other than that, I have had the new car for 3 weeks and, other than not being able to cheat on fillups by holding the air vent to get that extra gallon that the '04 allowed, I am pleased with the quality and peformance.

The milage is slightly less than the '04 Golf, but the handling and quiet ride is a reasonable tradeoff.

Thanks for the forum. I enjoy reading the posts.

·
Super Moderator
9,385 Posts
I had an '04 Golf TDI M6sp
I didn't know they did 6sp transmissions that far back?

My '11 Golf TDI does not have a keyhole in the driver door and I can't find anything in the manual that may support this, say, with the keyless remote.
So you have the KESSY system?

Extra Key with KESSY

Mine has a lock in the door handle if you flirt the plastic cover off with the key in the slot underneath then you may use the valet key which we don't have in the UK, tight barstuards. ;)

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I mistyped myself.

The '04 Golf is a 5sp.

Thanks. The links are very helpful. How risky are the code changes?

·
Registered
2 Posts
The 2000 NB GLX I just traded in had the door key switch for window/sunroof operation as well. It was handy to cool down the interior before getting in the car, or for closing up if you forgot before getting out. But really didn't use it all that often. The Beetle also had a key lock and pop-up handle under the flip-up VW badge on the hatch, which was basically redundant if you had the remote key in hand anyway.

The 2010 Golf TDI does show evidence of cost-cutting compared to the Beetle Turbo, but since sticker on the NB GLX was $22.5 (manual trans) in 2000, and the 2010 was $24,700 sticker with DSG, guess I can live with some cost-cutting.

·
Premium Member
5,942 Posts
"Mine has a lock in the door handle if you flirt the plastic cover off with the key in the slot underneath then you may use the valet key which we don't have in the UK, tight barstuards."

What?:confused:

·
Super Moderator
9,385 Posts
"Mine has a lock in the door handle if you flirt the plastic cover off with the key in the slot underneath then you may use the valet key which we don't have in the UK, tight barstuards."

What?:confused:
What to what? ;)

·
Registered
91 Posts

·
Registered
308 Posts
BillGuil1 and everyone else...just to clarify the fragments: regardless of your model/features, you have a keyhole in your drivers door on the right portion of the door handle. There is a plastic cover on it that blends in with the door handle. You can remove the cover by pressing on the bottom of it and wiggling it off (dont lose it after you take it off!). Using the key in this keyhole, you can operate the windows as you did in the past. Another option is to recode the ECU to enable the comfort windows function (using the remote keyfob) to control the windows if its not already enabled on your model using VCDS. See the other posts for instruction links. Hope that ties it all together.

·
Premium Member
5,942 Posts
Hi Keith, I was a bit confused because you were saying about a your car having a little plastic cover that you flirt off to access a lock or something but then you said that we don't have it here in the UK. That's all.:)

·
Super Moderator
9,385 Posts
No we are talking about if you've lost your key how to open the door with the valet key. ;)
Hi Keith, I was a bit confused because you were saying about a your car having a little plastic cover that you flirt off to access a lock or something but then you said that we don't have it here in the UK. That's all.:)
Yes we have the cover over the lock but we don't have the valet key in the UK as your know.

I want a valet key. ;)

·
Premium Member
5,942 Posts
Na I didn't know that. My car's an older one which doesn't have any covers over any locks. You learn something new everyday.(Apparently)

1 - 16 of 16 Posts