VW TDI forum, Audi, Porsche, and Chevy Cruze Diesel forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello guys. Does anyone use their Sprint HTC EVO for playback in their VW. The car does have a multi-media in jack and cable that came with the car. I THINK that is only for Apple products like an Ipod. There is also a AUX jack.
I'm planning on getting the Sirrius App for my EVO and want to be able to play it in the car. Is anyone doing this? How dos it sound? Thans. John

·
Registered
85 Posts
I don't have an EVO but the Droid X. But you should be able to use the BlueTooth Audio to stream it. Once you start any music (or media) playing and the BT is connected, the "BT-Audio" source button will highlight as a possible option. That's probably the easiest way.

As for the MDI cable, since it's just a USB cable, you should be able to plug it into your phone and be able to access any music on the SD card, as it should just detect it as a USB mass storage device. I haven't tested this but that's how I think it works. I doubt any streaming music from apps will go over USB. Anyone can correct me on this part.

·
Registered
12 Posts
I play my Evo over bluetooth. Sounds just as good as the ipod over the aux input. Love it!

Sent from my PC36100 using Tapatalk

1 - 3 of 3 Posts