VW TDI forum, Audi, Porsche, and Chevy Cruze Diesel forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi guys,

I'm a regular at tdiclub, just looking through the MK5 TB change instructions and needed the second half. Looking forward to another great community/addiction!

Mike

·
Super Moderator
9,142 Posts
Welcome to the forum Mike. welcometomyturbodies

I would be wary of calling yourself manual_tranny as a tranny is a transvestite in the UK and probably the US. I know its abbreviated transmission.

Enjoy your stay. ;)

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Welcome to the forum Mike. welcometomyturbodies

I would be wary of calling yourself manual_tranny as a tranny is a transvestite in the UK and probably the US. I know its abbreviated transmission.

Enjoy your stay. ;)
It's also short for "transmission"... but you're right, I choose it because it's short for transvestite. I'm not a transvestite, but I do enjoy a good play on words and I am obsessed with manual transmissions. Hope it's not too racey... =D

I just got half-way through. I gotta say the guide is so much better than the tdiclub guides I've used...

I'd change one thing I think (unless you guys can explain better than me)... it doesn't seem necessary to drain the coolant or take the hoses off the coolant tank. I disconnected and plugged the fuel and coolant lines and easily hung the fuel filter over the passenger side bumper and the coolant tank passed through to rest (still full) on the front bumper. Wooden dowles and clear plastic hoses work great for sealing the little hoses.

Thanks again for a great site!

Mike

1 - 4 of 4 Posts