VW TDI forum, Audi, Porsche, and Chevy Cruze Diesel forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Premium Member
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I got into VW's 4 years ago because I wanted something that ran on waste vegetable oil. I've been doing it now since. I started with a 2002 Jetta that I got with a veggie kit. I liked it a lot, ran on WVO all year around. It has 360000 miles, i put on 40000 miles, but it uses just about as much motor oil as it does WVO. I just never seem to find time to fix it. Then I found a 2003 near by with 221000 that ran super, didn't look so good but also didn't have to add oil. some one hit me and totaled it. I intend to switch motor to the 2002 but now I got a 2003 station wagon with 160000 on it, one owner, who said he had a problem with the turbo at around 50000, right after the warranty ran out that got him a "large bill" as he put it. After that he didn't like driving it so it sat most of the time. Never did a timing belt, that's the first thing for me to fix, Also power brakes don't work and the battery is low. I live in CT and do all my work outdoors so between going to work, I work construction, and the weather I don't find many days I can wrench. I will retire soon so that should help.

·
Super Moderator
9,555 Posts
Welcome to the forum.

After being prompted. ;)

This is a new forum layout which is owned by a company last year that doesn't give a dam with loads of bugs which have been reported in the new thread. There is no TDI Wiki at the moment or original similes which they refuse to install. It doesn't show the car spec/location.

Add your car specs to your signature that will show on every post you make.

Car spec now shows not for all members.

Release Notes

We Are Live - Community Feedback

This has been talked about many times.

I've made a poll which no one has posted in, there are a few votes and comments.

Do you like the new forum features?

Wiki pages have been restored as of 7th December, I asked where is the link it should be on top of the main forum.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts