VW TDI forum, Audi, Porsche, and Chevy Cruze Diesel forum banner

121 - 140 of 145 Posts

·
Super Moderator
9,328 Posts
offtopic

Car: Volkswagen isn't very informative even when its spelt right. Please add your full car spec to your profile.

·
Registered
2 Posts
I have heard from people with new units that it works. When did you buy your car? I'm curious if this is a very new firmware.
Bought it last month ( February 2015) in Portugal. It is a VW Sharan.
Other details for the RNS 510 unit:
Part-Number: 3C8035680B
HW-VERSION: H27
SW-VERSION: 6276
MAP VERSION HD: 8195

As I said, the hack runs successfully but doesn't do anything.

Haven't found any forums which are debating the latest version except from some German ones but not helping much.

Thanks

·
Registered
1 Posts
Vw passat estate 2010 worked for me just left engine off and installed the cd had no need to press the buttons , thanks guys its great update.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Hi, I have same problem as Francisco Amaro above with this details :

the script was successfully executed but the the warning message appears as soon as I drive above 10 km/h
any one please help..
thanks.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Hi, I have same problem as Francisco Amaro above with this details :

the script was successfully executed but the the warning message appears as soon as I drive above 10 km/h
any one please help..
thanks.
Looks like the image is write protected, tried to redo the patch while the Tiguan's engine is on and off.. result the same no vim...

·
Registered
2 Posts
Hello,
I have VW Sharan with a RNS 510 (H26, SW: 6276) and would like to find a Video In Motion hack.

Has anyone managed to get VIM working for version 6276 yet?

·
Registered
2 Posts
I have read through a lot of this forum, and the firmware hack seems to work well on 4xxx and 5xxx versions of the software.

However, i have the newer 6726 version and it has been reported that people install the firmware but does not gain the VIM.

I have also read elsewhere that there is a way to hack the 6726 software (but not the 6720 version), But can't find out how to actually do it.

Can anyone shed more light on what can (and cannot) be done with the 6726 software?

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hi guys,
my name is Alper. I'm 41 years old and I'm from Turkey.
I'm one of the owners and admins of 2 forums in our country.
jettaturkiye and tiguanturkiye :)

i have a 2012 1.4 tsi 160 hp Passat variant. i own this car since December 2015. the car was delivered with a rns 510 d version HW:h64 / SW: 4020.
last week i sold my RNS and buy a second hand one. now i have a rns 510 t version HW: h23 / s:6270

i was able to unlock VIM on my old RNS 510 using berto89.iso file but the same berto98.iso file was not able to unlock VIM on my new RNS :( :( :'(

i'm searching since 2 days local and also global internet sites to found a possible way, but until now without success.

so please share your information if you have, how i can unlock VIN on my new RNS...

·
Registered
3 Posts
Hello everyone, I am writing from Argentina.
I need your help to solve a problem.
I have a jetta mk6 2011 with an RNS510 with the Software 6276 ( HW:30 ) and I want to activate the VIM (video in motion).
I tried several ways, but none of them worked for me.
( https://robpol86.com/rns_510_vim.html )

I wanted to know if they have any solution for me.
thank you very much for reading my post.
regards!

RNS 510 HW:30 SW:6276
Part Number : 2H0035680A

·
Registered
8 Posts
I will bump this. I have the RNS 510 HW-23 SW-6270 and the vim cd did not work for me, it loads ok but then is stuck in a constant reboot loop. I think its not possible to on the SW-6270 but i would appreciate if anyone has found a hack ! thanks guys

·
Super Moderator
9,328 Posts
I will bump this. I have the RNS 510 HW-23 SW-6270 and the vim cd did not work for me, it loads ok but then is stuck in a constant reboot loop. I think its not possible to on the SW-6270 but i would appreciate if anyone has found a hack ! thanks guys
First posts normally go in introductions else you could get a free fix and we never see you again!!!

Forum Rules and Guidelines

Car: VW CC isn't very informative, what year and add that to your car spec.

If that a downloaded update or and OEM?

·
Registered
8 Posts
Hi , I apologise for not introducing my self, I have done that now on the introduction thread. :) My RNS510 is oem and i am trying to get the vim working. So far i have successfully got the vim cd to work and load and even get a sw success message however when I drive over 5kms it goes to a blank screen. I have done some reading and I am assuming that it wont work for firmware version 6720 so the next step for me would be to downgrade the firmware. I have accessed the test mode and have enabled sw downgrade but I would love to hear from someone if they have any experience about downgrading firmware and which firmware is best to downgrade to. I tried 5238a (josi) but that gave me and error so not sure where to from here.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Before I move on I would just like to tell those of you that have had a hard time with their rns 510 c14 6720 that I have successfully updated my rns even though on so many forums people say that it’s not possible just with a soft mod. There is a file out there that has the update including vim and TM but I urge you not to use that function if it is illegal in your country!

https://gpsunderground.com/forum/forum/car-navi-system/car-gps-systems/volkswagen-seat-skoda/32206-vw-rns-510-skoda-columbus-i-firmware-guide-downloads

Everything that you need is on page one

·
Registered
8 Posts
You can also get firmware uplates https://www.my-gti.com/?s=firmware I downloaded and installed newer firmware for my RCD310.
That’s great however as this thread is titled
How to unlock RNS510 VIM TV Free for free (video in motion to play dvd while driving)
And in light of the fact that you are a moderator maybe you should make a seperate topic for the RCD310 :) also that abovementioned web site doesn’t offer a solution to people that have an RNS510 c14 with 6xxx fw ..........

121 - 140 of 145 Posts