VW TDI forum, Audi, Porsche, and Chevy Cruze Diesel forum banner

41 - 60 of 141 Posts

·
Premium Member
1 Posts
Just bought a PASSAT 2012 sel - Connecticut

Apparently coming right form the factory. The are so many variations here. What do I do?
Power on ??? Power off???/ press the thre button t the start ??/// Opinions wanted?
How much and Where to get continental tool?

Anybody live nearby ib CT?
Rik

·
Super Moderator
23,902 Posts
Discussion Starter #42
Continental tool is probably thousands and you'd have to be a service tech to get one.

Insert disc and give it a try. At your own risk of course!

·
Premium Member
2 Posts
It works. Listen to Chitty. I bought the tdi sel 3weeks ago and downloaded the software. Had to press the 3buttons but works like a charm.

·
Premium Member
2 Posts
Picked up the new Passat TDI (Comfortline - Canada) today, had a little drive, then while the kids were sleeping went out to install this little hack. Worked fantastic!

Now I have to really consider if the headrest screens are worth installing.

Cheers!

·
Premium Member
208 Posts
If you do take pics and post I've been thinking about doing that for when the kid gets older.

·
Premium Member
1 Posts
Tiguan VIM issues

I tried this process and now there is no sound coming out of my unit at all. I have tried the restore and disconnected the battery however this has not worked. Has anyone else had this issue?

·
Premium Member
1 Posts
This came up when I googled how to play a dvd while the Passat was moving so I wanted to post that this still works. I bought a 2012 Passat SEL Prem a week ago (June 2012) and this was something I wanted for my passengers. I inserted the cd-r (made on Win7 with the default burner software with everything set to default) and I reset the system by pressing the star, eject and Guide. Had to hit ok once but everything else happened automatically and works perfect now. Thank you to whoever made this hack!

·
Premium Member
1 Posts
I just got this to work on my April 2012 Passat TDI SEL. Put the disc in when the car was off, unit came on, showed CD Error, auto rebooted, then came up with the "CAn't downgrade error". Started the process over and it worked. Very cool I can watch DVD's now when my wife is driving... :)

·
Premium Member
3 Posts
2012 sel Premium with Fender audio.
I downloaded Free ISO Burner (from www.freeisoburner.com )and it worked like a charm!
I have a key-less car. To turn on the radio I just pressed the start button without pressing the brake. That turned the radio on and I put the disk in. Now I need to get monitors for the head rest. My kids are going to love it.
Thanks to whoever figured this out.:bowdown

·
Premium Member
1 Posts
works for 2012 cc lux

burned it on a DVD At first i got the msg, that my system has newer software and this DVD would not work. Was about to give up, but I ejected DVD, and put it back in (as i read on someone's post on here), this time it cycled thru the menus, I hit ok, and then got succeful install msg. Works great, did not mess up anything on my system. I love it. My specs on my secret menu is 3c0035684e HW version H08, SW version 2625, map version 7515 To get to the secret menu, hold the setup button for a few seconds until the 2nd menu comes up, and then hit version on touchscreen. Hope this helps

·
Premium Member
1 Posts
Video in Motion

I followed the instructions for "updating" the software and it WORKED!!! Thank you sooo much and my grandchildren also thank you bunches!!

·
Premium Member
1 Posts
Yeah baby!

It worked on my 2012 Passat SEL. :thumbsup

Used Windows 7 iso burner program w/650 MB CDR

Delivery part number 3C8035684E
HW-Version H65
SW-Version 3696
North America 7565

1) Press start (no brake)
2) Hold Eject + Star + Guide until system restarts
3) Insert disk when it says it can't find the SWL image
4) Press "OK" at software loading version screen

Enjoy!

·
Premium Member
2 Posts
It worked in europe!

Huge thanks for the instruction.
I have a fully new european volkswagen CC 2012/(2013 in us).

There was a small issue that made the CD went out and the display showed me that it was a downgrade.
I pushed three buttons for europe and the CD went back into the RNS and a few minutes later it worked great.

Do somewhone now can tell me if i can connect two displays in the rear seat.?

Best regards :nana2:

Forrest gump !

·
Premium Member
1 Posts
41 - 60 of 141 Posts