VW TDI forum, Audi, Porsche, and Chevy Cruze Diesel forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
I'm confused on my 2003 Golf TDI ECU swap: SKC, PIN, and WSC?
Currently, I have chipped ECU (original ECU) and large size nozzles.
I've done this several years ago for wanting more power.

Now, I would like to go back to gain fuel economy and have stock ECU and run stock size nozzles.

I ordered an used ECU, and complete set of sock nozzles, but going thru the instruction from Ross-Tech of swapping ECU; I'm now totally confused!
All because of the Immo-3???? I'm not sure what to do? I don't know if I just take out the original ECU and swap the used ECu will do to the car? Will it start or not able to start again?
I'll be swapping my Original (chipped) ECU with an used one, but I do not have any info on the SKC, PIN, and WSC number for both ECU.
What can I do? Totally lost on this.

Any help?

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks seatman,

After reading, Still not sure what to do? How and where do I apply for "authorization" of an independent workshop?
First of all, I'm not even a Certified Mechanic or own a shop?

Here is what I read:
The official method of working with the immobilizer is to first apply for authorization an independent workshop to use GeKo with VAS 5051 or 5052 (the OEM diagnostic tools). It passes the SKC from the server to the car without revealing it to the tool user. Again, this is why the dealers say they can't give the code out - they never see the code. If your application is accepted, the registration fee is $100. You can rent the VAS5052 for $200/week. The software to use VAS5052 is $250/year. Each time you use VAS5052 there is a $30 usage charge. Most dealers charge 1 hour labor to program new keys so if you find someone who only charges 1/2 hour they are giving you a very good price. The SKC code is sent back to the tool unless the car is reported stolen.

So is there anyone who has these VAS5051 or 5052 tool? (on this forum who lives near Atlanta GA willing to help?) Other than the dealer where I could rent?
Am I still stuck? (with 2 ECUs?)

I guess the only other (cheaper and easy) way is to refresh my CHip in my Current ECU back to stock setting and replace stock injectors to run stock form to get my 50+ fuel economy?
This means I'll have to sent out my ECU (without a car to drive) and paid more money to erase the "More Power " setting on the chip? And if I do want more power, I'll have repeat the steps over again? (ship out and paid more?)

Isn't there an easy way to allow me to have two ECUs (Economy one and a powerful one) and swap them when I want it?

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I didn't really understand the Immo Disable part? That's to rewrite the program in the chip.
But which ECUs?
Don't I have to set the 2nd ECU to allow the car to recognize it first? (which required SKC)
Or does it mean I could have the 2nd ECU rewritten and just plug and play? Will I able to plug my (1st) original ECU back (with Imm-3 functional), with larger injectors when I want to?

So confused, Help!

·
Premium Member
23,902 Posts
You have the 2nd ECU rewritten so that it's plug-play. Only chip tuners can do this.

It will be almost impossible to find anyone with the VW dealer tools because they're thousands of dollars and you have to fill out an application to even rent them. And there's no way the dealer will let you borrow a tool they spent $$$ on. Best bet is to go to a dealer and they will be happy to charge you to do it.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I don't really trust dealers to work on my car, especially TDI....

Thank you chittychittybangbang,

If I understood you correctly, I might go for the tuners choice.
I think what you are saying is almost of what I was thinking about to do?
Either ways will cost me a little bit more, now I wonder if it is worth all the trouble?

To disable Immo-3 on 2nd ECU by rewrite the program, and I could just swap out the (1st) original ECU and do not have the Immo-3 function. (the car will run fine with stock injectors and in stock form)?

So, say on later time (few years down the road) I decide to put back my 1st ECU (Original ECU with power chipped and Large injectors), will it still be plug and play? (without the SKC?)

I don't have SKC for either one of the ECUs.
I should have read and study about ECU swap before I purchase the 2nd ECU (and injectors).

·
Premium Member
23,902 Posts
You would have to ask a tuner about the specifics of that. They can delete them but since that's how they make a living, I don't think they're too forward on sharing the details on the procedure, yes?

·
Premium Member
9,642 Posts
Welcome to the forum. welcometomyturbodies

google it VAG TACHO

·
Premium Member
1 Posts
Question

Hey Guys first post!

My car has an ecu from another Jetta, my mechanic had to disable the immobilizer so that I could actually drive the car. I want to get a new key but for some reason we can't code the keys to the comfort module, would this be because the SKC's of the cluster and the ECU don't match?

The car is 2000 Jetta 1.8t and the ECU is from a 2003 Jetta 1.8t
Any ideas?

1 - 11 of 11 Posts