VW TDI forum, Audi, Porsche, and Chevy Cruze Diesel forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
147 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I would like to install a kill switch in my TDI, has anyone done this? if so,please chime on,,, where is live wire coming from the fuse box going to fuel pump? what kind a switch do you guys used? and where is a good location to hide the switch in the car?. thanks for your help.

·
Registered
147 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
There are a few ways to have a kill switch but if someone wants to steal your car, they can always put it on a flatbed and drive it away.

I think that some of car thieves, they don't always have a flatbed with them (probably the professional car thieves ), Most of the time they just brake your window and hot wire the ignition switch and off they go, at least that is what I read or see on T.V.,, I may be wrong on this.

The reason, I would like to do the kill switch install in my TDI, is that just in case I happen to be in a bad area and you are forced to park your car there for a little while, or any other place that you may park for long periods of times, just for a piece of mind.

Excellent suggestion from both of you, about splitting the imobilizer, but I do noteven have the slightest idea where the wires are, I have never done this in any car, so what you are suggesting is the way to go, instead of splitting the live wire at the fuel pump,,, I will wait to see if Chittybangbang could come up with anything on this, thank for your info so far.

·
Registered
147 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I haven't heard of this. Since there is no fuel pump in 1996-2003 North american cars, the fuel shutoff solenoid on the injection pump would be the best choice.

Chitty, I believe that all TDI cars from 1996 to 2003 in the USA have fuel pumps,at least my 2 cars have them,,, or I may be reading your post wrong?

·
Registered
147 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I have a 99.5 german golf and a 2000 jetta, so the Jetta has the imobilizer but the golf does not, how can I tell if the golf has it or not?

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.