VW TDI forum, Audi, Porsche, and Chevy Cruze Diesel forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Super Moderator
23,902 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
VW changed the electronics across the board so this article applies to all 2010+ models. This includes the mk5 Jetta and mk6 Sportwagens (based off mk5 chassis) and mk6 VW Golf TDI. It's slightly different on all mk5 and 2009 and earlier vs. the 2010+ models so new screenshots have been added and the article has been added to both mk5 and mk6 DIY index.

Long story short, change the cluster software code from America to UK or Great Britain. Details and screenshots are in the article:
http://www.myturbodiesel.com/1000q/a6/door-chime-disable-golf-jetta.htm

teaser pic:

·
Registered
91 Posts
What else does this change other than mpg, time, and clock? No other side effects? Is it illegal to change the cluster coding?

·
Super Moderator
23,902 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I don't think so. No side effects that I know of. I don't think it's illegal to disable the door open chime. I wouldn't disable the seat belt chime though. I always wear a seat belt. I would like to dim the passenger airbag off light when there's nobody in the passenger seat because it's pretty bright and I don't feel like taping it over.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Just did this. On my JSW (2011 with 5K0 920 971 C), this turned off the seat belt chime but left the warning light alone. Great!

This was also what I did on my A4 (with Full FIS) and it's been that way for years with good results ;), so glad you posted this as this wasn't on the golfmk6 or vortex list.

EDIT: the language would switch to English UK, as well as the temperature (C) and date (24h, my preference). It's easy to change them back through the MFD.

·
Super Moderator
9,143 Posts
Does the language setting vary what settings are available for that country?

I think this thread would be better in the VCDS section.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Same language options as before. Labeling of some items would different of course... Winter Tyres instead of Snow Tire, Comfort something instead of Ln. Change

·
Super Moderator
9,143 Posts
1 - 7 of 7 Posts