VW TDI forum, Audi, Porsche, and Chevy Cruze Diesel forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Premium Member
23,902 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Cliffs: you have to change the cluster from "American" to "GB" Great Britain. I'll be Canadian cars are the same.

This changes the units from C to F and US mpg to UK mpg. The 12 hour clock also goes to a 24 hour military time style clock. All these can be switched back through the MFD menu.

http://www.myturbodiesel.com/1000q/a5/door-chime-disable-vw.htm

Instructions are in the FAQ article above.

·
Premium Member
23,902 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
As a follow up to this article, I ended up changing it back to US coding because of how it effected the MFD2 OEM GPS system. With the US coding, pressing the radio station up or down button causes it to seek the next higher station. With the UK coding, the up/down causes it to jump to the next station in a list - it's effectively random. I also wonder if it has something to do with the fact that Euro radio stations are a little different (not sure if it would make a difference). I may try to reorganize the list but my car didn't come with an instruction manual or radio manual so I'll try to figure out if I can fix this later. This is only if your car has the MFD2 OEM navigation, I don't know how the regular premium 7 radio responds.

The door chime is annoying but I'll live. I did the 4 headlight high beam mod and will really miss that. It only works if you have OEM HID (or retrofitted OEM HID), the highline CECM to enter the code, and UK instrument cluster coding. Changing back to US instrument cluster coding switches the high beams back to only 2 lights.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts