VW TDI forum, Audi, Porsche, and Chevy Cruze Diesel forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
57 Posts
Looks like it....I would NOT do that myself! Too much chance of damage to the pulley or your fingers. The belt looks floppy too, there's no tensioner.

·
Registered
68 Posts
Oh lord....that's really a way to lose your fingers. Just touching the belt while it's moving could cause it to grab your fingers. I won't link to it because it's NSFW, someone on a biker forum lost about half of each finger on one hand because he was holding a rag to clean the chain while it was moving. It grabbed the rag which pulled his fingers through the chain sprocket. Before he even knew what happened he just saw his mangeled fingers on the ground.

·
Super Moderator
9,087 Posts
Its good wheel change trick but its been fiddled with before they got to that stage because both of those wheels weren't revolving so they must have locked the brakes up else you wouldn't have any drive.

To adjust the belt tension on that beetle you add or remove shims in the dynamo pulley so it was obviously slack before they started.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Its good wheel change trick but its been fiddled with before they got to that stage because both of those wheels weren't revolving so they must have locked the brakes up else you wouldn't have any drive.

To adjust the belt tension on that beetle you add or remove shims in the dynamo pulley so it was obviously slack before they started.
X2 I could never imagine having the brass to try that though

1 - 10 of 10 Posts