VW TDI forum, Audi, Porsche, and Chevy Cruze Diesel forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Lost my key.
Spare does not work. Engine starts but cuts out after approx 1 second. = Immo problem. Transponder is not reognized by system.
Need to drive car to dealer to reset key but how to get there. Must try to find a way to get it started.
Anyone got any ideas how to override sytem ?

Thanks a bunch in advance

Hans

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks for the link. I'm sure it'll help me to get it started. I'll get on it first thing i the morning.
Close this topic
Regards
Hans

·
Registered
1 Posts
I'm having problems with my jetta i have a chipped ecu and can't get it to work if i go into ECU it seems like the immobilizer is disabled but when i try to started i cant can you guy please help me out?

·
Super Moderator
2,243 Posts
welcometomyturbodies Welcome to the website... we're sorry you're having problems...

Silly question: what type of chip do you have? By any chance is it a Rocketchip? (You're about 40 minutes from one of the most respected TDI Gurus in the country...) If yes, I'd contact him ASAP... who knows... he may be traveling in your direction some time soon...

What happens when you try to start the car? (We need a few more details than what you provided...)

All the best,

Yuri

·
Registered
2 Posts
I am having issues using a new key I got from the dealership for my VW Golf GTI. How do I get/use the SKC to bypass the immobiliser so that I can drive it to the dealership? I live 45 miles from the nearest dealership & it would be very costly to have it towed there. Thanks!

·
Registered
2 Posts

I am trying to find out how to by-pass the immobiliser on my VW Golf GTI. I just gfot a new key from th edealership but I still can't drive it! This is beyond frustrating since I live 45 miles from the nearest dealership & had to borrow a car to pick up the new key. It would be very costly for me to have the car towed so that the car can be re-programmed to match the new key.

·
Super Moderator
2,243 Posts
welcometomyturbodies Welcome to the website!

It would help to know the year and model of your car... some earlier VWs didn't have a very effective immobilizer...

Now... if it was an easy system to bypass, it wouldn't make for a very good theft deterrent... would it?

I'm surprised a dealership would sell you a key - knowing that it would need programming/adaptation before the car could be driven...

There are some Master locksmiths who have the equipment to adapt keys to immobilizers... they're not likely to be all that cheap, though...

Perhaps someone who has Vag-Tacho (assuming it works on your model/year) may chime in...

Good luck,

Yuri

PS: did you lose your previous key or was it broken? If the latter, it's possible you could "fish out" the RFID chip and put it into the new key...

·
Super Moderator
9,158 Posts
Welcome to the forum. welcometomyturbodies

if i go into ECU it seems like the immobilizer is disabled but when i try to started i cant
If the immobilizer is disabled then it should start, if its enabled and the immobilizer lamp will flash and it will start for 1-2 seconds then stop again.

·
Registered
3 Posts
i have a 2011 jetta tdi first start of the day or when im leaving work starts right but if its ran any and go to start it up it starts and die sometimes once sometimes up to 6 times but then will start and run fine tried both keys and it does the same on ether key

·
Registered
3 Posts
when it dies the glow plug light flashes but what i read that is the immobilizer light for that car cause there is no key light on the dash

1 - 13 of 13 Posts