VW TDI forum, Audi, Porsche, and Chevy Cruze Diesel forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Premium Member
23,902 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This page from the ross tech wiki says that the rain sensor and light sensor can be adjusted to increase or decrease the sensitivity of the auto wipers and headlights on my VW Jetta: http://wiki.ross-tech.com/wiki/index.php/VW_Golf_%281K%29_Rain/Light_Sensor I wish to decrease the sensitivity of both sensors but I'm not sure which direction to change it. Attached are screenshots of the coding options. My best guess is that increasing the percentage reduces sensitivity since clear glass will let more light in than tinted glass and the sensor will compensate for the increased light by reducing sensitivity.

To reduce rain sensor sensitivity, do I change the percent up or down? I have made an adjustment and at this point will wait for the next rain to see what happens.

To reduce or increase light sensor auto headlight sensitivity which direction do I change the percent? The first screen only has the option to increase sensitivity but the second has the option to go up in percentage.

Also, can you manually enter hexadecimal coding or should you stick to the preset dropbox choices? Is there any chance of bricking the module if I manually enter coding?

Attachments

·
Registered
20 Posts
In general, the RLS codings aren't meant to be tweaked except to adapt the sensor to specific installed equipment. However, some of the RLS sensors revisions just plain sucked, and there's no real fix for them short of replacement with a newer revision. Mind posting up an Auto-Scan so we can see exactly what you have?

Another thing that's known to make them flaky is the wax that some automatic car washes apply all over the car. If there's any possibility that you've got wax on that area of the windshield, give it a good cleaning with some heavy-duty glass cleaner.

I don't think there's any danger in messing with it (i.e. trying arbitrary hex values), but I obviously can't make any iron-clad guarantees, and have doubts you will get the desired results.

-Uwe-

·
Registered
2 Posts
Hi, where exactly does this menu live......I am trying to do the same on my 2012 Sharan and cannot find these settings

thanks

·
Registered
1 Posts
I've tried with this coding... 030AAD 0A translates to the Dec # is 10% for the light sensor, and AD is 173%. It sounds to me the less % of light sensitivity is making it less sensitive instead of more sensitive. Let me know if you tried differently.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts