VW TDI forum, Audi, Porsche, and Chevy Cruze Diesel forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Premium Member
23,902 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This is a pretty cool and useful feature that I activated for someone. I have no idea why it's not activated from the factory. So far, only the 2005.5 VW Jetta TDI has this sensor from the factory because it's needed for the auto headlights and auto wipers. These features were discontinued for the 2006 and later models.

The reason I'm posting in the general section is because it may also apply to the 2012 VW Passat TDI. They come with rain - light sensors for the auto headlights and wipers and it may work on them as well. If anyone takes delivery of a 2012 VW Passat TDI, please let me know if it's working or if it can be enabled.

Here's the link to the DIY procedure to enable this feature: http://www.myturbodiesel.com/1000q/a5/auto-close-windows-rain-sensor-vw.htm and a demo video

http://youtu.be/n9ulEb0Yt9Q

·
Registered
1 Posts
Quick Question, while I don't have the same car, I have a 2011 VW CC and i've activated the Rain sensor auto close feature, but wanted to check something.

After activating the option, and seeing it on the MFI, I turn it on (while the car is running within the MFI menu), when I turn the car off, i tried to put water on the rain sensor and it did not close the windows, even though the car was locked (with windows open) and the wiper leaver was set to the auto position and the sensor setting was set to the highest level. What's also interested, when I went back into the car, turned it on, and checked the MFI, the checkmark I set beside the auto close for the rain sensor, had now disappeared as if I never turned it on through the MFI.

Is this normal? or did I get the programming / coding wrong?

Would appreciate your feedback. Thanks!

·
Premium Member
912 Posts
There are two things you have to change to make the auto-close function work, and you missed one. You need to set your rain-closing to permanent, right now it is nonrecurring (most likely).

Move to the right through the menus until you see the option for rain closing and check it. The other one for inactive should not be checked. Close the window. Click Do it! and it should save the settings. You now have this option on the multifunction display convenience menu.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts