VW TDI forum, Audi, Porsche, and Chevy Cruze Diesel forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Super Moderator
23,902 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
A brave soul let me tinker with his car today and I added the info to the bluetooth FAQ:http://www.myturbodiesel.com/1000q_how_to/a5/VW-bluetooth-FAQ.htm It applies to 2010 sedans only because this is the first year this capability is enabled. The factory does not enable it for some reason. Details and VCDS screenshots are in the FAQ. I edited out the phone numbers for privacy.

The car automatically imported the phone book but it was already paired.

·
Registered
278 Posts
It looks like the part number for 9W7 is 7p6035730c and he retrofit is going to be in the $600 range. It'll probably be available for less from the gray market and ebay. It's basically 9W3 with A2DP streaming music capability. If you can live without streaming music since the radio has SD card capability, I don't see what's wrong wth 9W3.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Here are the results from my Canadian 2010 Jetta TDI Highline (Sedan):

Original Telephone Menu (No Phone in MFD):

Address 77: Telephone Labels: 5P0-862-335.lbl
Part No SW: 1Z0 035 729 C HW: 1Z0 035 729 C
Component: FSE_2P8x H35 0170
Revision: 00000000 Serial number: 00000005127684
Coding: 0011088
Shop #: WSC 00066 000 00000

I changed the coding to 0000488 and sure enough, the phone menu appeared and synced nicely with my Blackberry (and I assume it would also with my iPhone). If only the Jetta supported two phones at once!

I assume 8 = English (Can) which was not shown in the Rosstech menus.

---

Now my question is, what was the 0011 at the beginning for? Anyone have any ideas.

Cheers
Tim

·
Registered
25 Posts
It might not be in the helper menu because the code is unknown by ross tech and the other is part of the nav system's 0010477 code. There are lots of unlabelled menus too.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Well I tried to enable 0011488 in the menu but it said code out of range.

Also tried 0001488 but still out of range.

---

However it does work fine with 0000488, phonebook menu etc, all works. Love the nice call display in the dash, very happy now!

Cheers
Tim

·
Registered
2 Posts
Change Phone Book

I just picked up my 2010 Jetta TDI and the BT synced immediately. When I realized my phone book wasn't formatted correctly for ease of use in the car, I tried to delete the phone book from the car. Even though I can see it and use it from the steering wheel, when I use the voice command to "Delete Phone Book" the car says the phone book is empty. Any ideas?

·
Super Moderator
23,902 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Is the phone reuploading the phone book as soon as you delete it? Have you tried deleting them one by one? How about unpairing the phone, deleting the phone book?

·
Registered
2 Posts
Is the phone reuploading the phone book as soon as you delete it? Have you tried deleting them one by one? How about unpairing the phone, deleting the phone book?
I've unpaired, had the phone "forget", turned off the blue tooth on the radio and then tried to delete phone book. The car tells me the phone book is empty. Reconnect go through the whole routine again, say delete phone book and it still says the phone book is empty. At all times even after pairing and un-pairing, the names remain on the dash, but the car tells me it's empty.

·
Registered
226 Posts
Have you tried unplugging and replugging in the bluetooth? How does it work - my car doesn't have it but it's a suggestion. Lots of times my computer gets weird and just shutting it off and restarting fixes it and I noticed the memory meter goes up.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts