VW TDI forum, Audi, Porsche, and Chevy Cruze Diesel forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 2014 VW Golf TDI. It has 78,000 miles. I want to just drive this thing into the ground. However I am afraid of VW reliability. What type of engine does it have? Is it reliable? How can I make it last despite Volkswagen reliability record?

·
Premium Member
315 Posts
Its a CJAA and with the dieselgate extended warranty on the intake, turbo, exhaust, emissions, and other mechanical components like the HPFP I think you are covered there until 10 years, 123k miles. The electronics other than onboard diagnostics is the part I'd worry about.

·
Premium Member
9,720 Posts
First posts normally go in introductions else you could get a free fix and we never see you again!!!

Forum Rules and Guidelines

This is a new forum layout which is owned by a company last year that doesn't give a dam with loads of bugs which have been reported in the new thread. There is no TDI Wiki at the moment or original similes which they refuse to install. It doesn't show the car spec/location.

Add your car specs to your signature that will show on every post you make.

Car spec now shows not for all members.

Myturbodiesel moving on

Release Notes

We Are Live - Community Feedback

This has been talked about many times.

I've made a poll which no one has posted in, there are a few votes and comments.

Do you like the new forum features?

Wiki pages have been restored as of 7th December, I asked where is the link it should be on top of the main forum.

This thread needs to be moved to the correct section if the new mod bjr72 does his job right as he is never here.

You don't say which engine code your talking about?

·
Premium Member
11 Posts
I have a 2014 VW Golf TDI. It has 78,000 miles. I want to just drive this thing into the ground. However I am afraid of VW reliability. What type of engine does it have? Is it reliable? How can I make it last despite Volkswagen reliability record?
I have 2010 with the CJAA (140k miles), as well as a 2009 with the CBEA engine (290k miles). Both have been extremely reliable vehicles. Obviously the CBEA with higher mileage has required a bit more maintenance to replace wear items before they completely failed, but extremely happy with both vehicles. So make sure the vehicle is properly maintained and it should last you a long time.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts