VW TDI forum, Audi, Porsche, and Chevy Cruze Diesel forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Premium Member
5,942 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Today it's chucking it down, it's been snowing nonstop since I got up and it doesn't look like it's going to stop anytime soon. There's at least a foot lying and I've also got drifts about 3-4ft deep so I'm deffinitely stuck for now. It wouldn't be so bad but I'm a very restless person and I'm starting to go stir crazy lol but thankfully the electric's still on and the internet still works so far.:)

·
Premium Member
5,942 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I was an extra in Rob Roy lol. About 10mins after I started this thread the electric went off.... Talk about irony. I'm still stuck, my landlord's a bit lax about peasants so I have to wait on him gettin his digger out when it takes his fancy. I live up a farm road, about 100yards past the farm, everywhere has been cleared except down to mine and the neighbours house. Tightwad.:D

·
Registered
8 Posts
I live in Toronto. No snow yet. But if I was stuck
I would do something to my car. Brake flush, cleaning,
Ps flush etc. Go for an espresso.
I like snow though, I can try out my snow tires.
Have fun.

·
Premium Member
5,942 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Well I went out and shifted tons of the stuff today and bizzarely enjoyed myself. Anything to stop me going stir crazy with cabin fever lol. I couldn't really do anything to the car though, couldn't find it. It had disappeared in the night and all that was left was a mound of more snow.:D

·
Premium Member
179 Posts
I live right by the sea and we've just had our first couple of inches last night which is unusual so early in the winter.
Bloody cold too !

·
Premium Member
5,942 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
If you can get hold of a big lorry, you're more than welcome to some of my snow. I feel I'm just being greedy holding on to so much of the stuff.
Cold you say, I went out on my push bike last night to go and visit a mate, BLOODY FREEZING! I think I might need to be certified lol. Thankfully I got out in my car today, ohhh what luxury. Just to here the engine rev, the turbo whistle, feel the car move when I accelerate and best of all, no pedaling.:D

·
Premium Member
5,942 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Well I thought I'd stick in an update as the weather has changed here. The temprature has jumped from about -15 to about +6 and all the snow and ice is disappearing at a rapid rate. I had to get my claw hammer and knock loads of ice out of the guttering because the snow was melting to fast and running into the attic at certain points where the guttering sits a bit high. That was fun lol. My Uniroyal rainsport 2 tyres are really coming into their own now because of the wet and I can't praise them enough, they're fantastic. I had my abs light on but took my car down to the carwash and with a friend sitting in the car and turning the steering lock to lock, I managed to blast out loads of muck that had built up in the back of the wheels and around the brakes. Now my abs is all back to normal and I am a happy man.:)

1 - 9 of 9 Posts