VW TDI forum, Audi, Porsche, and Chevy Cruze Diesel forum banner

1 - 20 of 53 Posts

·
Super Moderator
9,222 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi guys/gals if there are any.

I'm just curious how many female TDI drivers there are on here. I mean they own their own TDI not drive their other halves TDI. I've asked this question on other VW forums and there are a few, many just browsing as they tend not to ask questions else they can be thought of as a s****d woman. I'm not being offensive its just what I've read. ;)

·
Super Moderator
9,222 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Probably or the fact that its a diesel forum as there are a lot more on the GTI forums. You're the first one to comment after a week. ;)

·
Super Moderator
23,902 Posts
Probably or the fact that its a diesel forum as there are a lot more on the GTI forums. You're the first one to comment after a week. ;)
I remember seeing some female responses in a thread where someone said females didn't drive stick shift but it's not required information when you sign up so I don't know for sure.

·
Super Moderator
9,222 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I've just noticed TDICHICK on here and it appears she has a 2006 jetta TID so she could be a woman. ;)

·
Registered
17 Posts
Chicks and TDIS

Yes, she is in fact female, and needs to update that she traded in the 2006 TDI with issues for a 2010 Tdi manual... :)

·
Super Moderator
9,222 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thank you for replying TDICHICK. You are the first and I suspect the only one on here.

2006 TDI with issues for a 2010 Tdi manual. Thats another thing that annoys me on here as 90% say the year and TDI there are loads of models on TDI but which one are they talking about?

Happy motoring. ;)

·
Registered
17 Posts
I had a 2006 Jetta Tdi Manual - 5 speed (dark blue). It had issues with shutting off by itself for the four years I owned it. I hounded VW and kept on them to fix the issue, but they couldn't, so three months ago we forced a trade in for a deal on a new 2010 Jetta TDI Manual 6-speed (white). The new car is getting much better mileage than the old. I travel to Philly a lot and it has been averaging 52-55 mpg.

·
Super Moderator
9,222 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
So did you do the deal at the dealer that couldn't fix your original problem? I'm sure if I had a problem they couldn't fix I would buy another make. ;)

·
Registered
1 Posts
Female Persuasion

Yes, there are some females here and ready to start running on veggie oil. Let me hear from the experienced.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Ok, for you guys who may think women cant handle a TDI....lol

not volkswagen i know but...

i had a peugeot 405 1.9td , then a lantra estate 1600 petrol, hated the big slug!, changed back to peugeot, had a 406 estate,1.9td glx, loved it until it caught slipping clutch syndrome!...my dad had the passat s 1.9tdi (says passat s tdi on log book..lol ) i loved it, but there was no way he was parting with it...then after he had that for a while, it started to have the problem i have been posting about on here, he went and bought a renault scenic dynamique+ dci, lovely car, although if i put the seat up full i feel as though i need a taxi to the handbrake!...lmao.

my dad has had a few things done to the passat but still had the problem with it, my 406 clutch started slipping and he said if i can get it fixed i can have the passat...well, no comparrison, bye bye pug, hello passat!...lol, he wouldnt let me near it before, i think he has it in his head now that it is going slower i can handle it, now the problem is starting to get fixed and the car is running at a better speed he is on about having his passat back and me having the scenic!....yeah right o daddy, get stuffed...lmao, the passat at full running will out do that any day, ive always loved peugeots, but i under estimated the power of the passat..i should have known how good it would be from when my mam had a bora and my dad had a golf ( not sure if it was gt turbo or tdi, but remember it being turbo something!) i sold my 406 last week brand new tax and mot till april for £300 as the clutch was slipping and i had the chance of the vw, so come on guys, did i make the right choice ?....lol x:laugh:

my dad is going as green as grass around the gills as the passat is getting better and better, there is no way i would trade it for anything now, i will be sticking to vw tdi from now on, i cant wait until the log book comes through my door in my name, ive spent £280 so far on it, and havent regretted a penny as i know it will be worth it in the end.

·
Super Moderator
9,222 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Welcome again Claire. welcometomyturbodies

I think you can join the other TDI chick TDICHICK. Its unusual to see ladies interest in the mechanical side of motors, I hope you enjoy your stay. ;)

·
Registered
9 Posts
well i love it here so far, been nice getting some replies, ive posted the same problem on other forums for this car and had no response, not even someone saying sorry aint got a clue..lol, if i had my way id have every pipe, and god knows what off the car, one by one of course so as i know where to put it back pmsl, i think i would have by now if it was a petrol engine, why has everything got to be so close together on a diesel for crying out loud mun....lmao oilier the better for me, but sadly not for my cars sake, its already ill enough without me making it feel worse lmao x

also as i said in earlier posts....i love my volkswagen dodgem...just stop and go!, or as my mate said earlier, its a park and ride! pmsl x

·
Registered
178 Posts
Hi, I'm a female driver, (on the sidewalk) hahaha. I'm just kidding, actually I'm a careful driver, I believe in courtesy too.

I have an 1987 Jetta, I really do love it. Even when it's having problems. I'm learning to fix it now. I had a mechanic who specalizes in vw, but he unfortunatly did a few dishonest things so I won't bring it to him anymore. It's to bad, but not really, I get to learn now instead of dropping it off and having it fixed for me. We don't have many vw mechanics around here. 2 (I think) and the vw dealer.
My nephew had a vegetable vw, but he sold it, I'm not sure why though. I saw it briefly, he showed my the tank inside the trunk, had I known he was selling it I would have bought it from him.
Mine has a Turbo, and it really picks up, my passenger went back in the seat, then commented, I didn't think vw were so peppy.

My dad borrowed it last summer to go out of town, appro. 100 miles or so, it cost him 5 dollars, from her, to there, return. He couldn't believe it. I found out from the vw dealer, volkswagons are famous for their engines lasting a million miles, some have gone more. Awesome!!

·
Registered
5 Posts
Diesel driving ladies...

Diesels intimidating? Hardly! I've been driving one diesel or another for years, starting with a 79 Rabbit, then an 82 Volvo ('Sluggo', abysmally slow!) and currently my 2010 JSW (which I even let my husband drive on occasion.) And every one has been a manual... I hate driving automatics. And I also have a 1977 4 cylinder 80 hp Lehman diesel in my boat. I grew up helping my dad work on the twin GMC 453 diesels aboard the fishing boat we had back then, and one of my favorite sounds is a smooth-idling diesel.

Musings and mayhem from a diesel-driving Jersey girl... http://cegrundler.wordpress.com/
Some TDI specific... http://cegrundler.wordpress.com/tag/tdi/

Currently awaiting foglights

·
Registered
4 Posts
Yes, I am a woman who has her own tdi Passat. My husband has a Volvo so we needed a bigger car for trips, wine farms (we live in Cape Town so we buy a lot of wine), etc. We have never had a diesel before so it was a bit tricky at first because they are totally different to petrol cars. Browsing through sites like yours has helped me understand how this car works and taught me how it should be driven. Now that I have experienced the raw power of these cars, I doubt I could ever drive anything else. Being able to overtake anything, anytime has been a thrill, but the automatic boot and hanger for shopping makes it a great car for women! It has had numerous problems during the year I have owned it (due to abuse by the dealer - I think) and again because of helpful sites like yours I can discuss the problems with the workshop without them thinking I'm a twit.

1 - 20 of 53 Posts