VW TDI forum, Audi, Porsche, and Chevy Cruze Diesel forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hello im new here i have an 05 jetta tdi 5spd manuel . 68567 mi. on it

its a great car never had any problems until now. well at least after i let my mom borrow it a few weeks.
ive noticed some knocking coming from the engine and went on goose chase to find out what is was
pulling the timning cover off valve cover ,checked comppression only to find nothing wrong ,changed the oil to look for metal shavinigs ,oil was okay the engines fine on dtc's were set. so i ive isolated the kncking sound to the transmission lifted the up on the rack while running used a stethoscope to listen around coming from apperrent its around the transmission in the bellhousing . ive noticed alot of threads here
speaking alot of problems with the clutch and flywheels on these cars . which make sense that would be my problem since mom doens.t know how drive stick and rides the clutch. and that has to be where my problem is at everytime i get it to operating temp at idle its sounds like a little man with a hammer knocking around put it in gear and coast it get a little quiet .but the more i drive it ,the worse it gets. so before i get on this big job replaceing the clutch. id like to know what im getting to .
my jetta book says there s a sach design and a luk design . my part store shows me theres this plus

standard clutch kit and a dmf clutch kit ? which is better . and how to i know its dmf ? also i here theres a way to converted to a standerd clutch and flywheel versus a dual mass i kinda like to
get the right stuff before tear it apart if ya know know mean

·
Premium Member
23,902 Posts
Just to make sure, it's the round mk5 2005 and not the square mk4 2005 Jetta right?

Sachs and luk are not compatible, can't mix-match pressure plates or clutches.

IMHO, I would get a standard weight solid flywheel. Smooth engagement, cheap, reliable. It will rattle more at idle but it's really not onticeable unless at a drive-through and the sound is bouncing off the walls. It must be from 4 cyl G60 corrado, very common part. Obviously new clutch+pressure plate and flywheel bolts.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts